1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Our dream lady comes home...

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by bsrej, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Hi Folks,

After a gap of over two months, I am posting the story about the delivery and initial ownership experience of my T Jet. I have posted my booking and PDI experience earlier in this forum.

After an impatient waiting period of a week (after doing the PDI), owing to the delays at RTO; finally my delivery date is decided as 6[SUP]th[/SUP] September, 4.30 PM. Actually the car was ready on 5[SUP]th[/SUP] evening, but due to some meetings that were scheduled at 7.00 PM I preferred to take delivery on 6[SUP]th[/SUP].

On 6[SUP]th[/SUP] September, I went to office and finished few urgent tasks and came back home by 3.00 PM. My wife picked up my son from school and we were ready to go to showroom.

I tried calling up few call taxi operators but couldn't get one on time :oops: .After a bit of chaos and confusion, Finally we settled for an auto rickshaw and started to Ramkay FIAT by 4.30 PM. We were on the way and I received a call from Vishnu (SE) to check whether we have started (a first experience from a dealer :up).

We reached the showroom at 5.00 PM and the moment we stepped out of the auto, It started raining. We hurried to the showroom and in the reception; I could see my name listed on the “Today’s delivery” chart ::D. It was a warm reception by the receptionist and she accompanied us to the visitor’s launch and offered tea/coffee. This I have never experienced in TATA showroom (Yes, I bought my Palio from a tata showroom).

There were 4 deliveries scheduled for the day. As we were waiting, we could see the other deliveries taking place. Ramkay FIAT has started this custom of cake cutting with the customer (I don’t know whether other dealers are doing the same thing) to share the happiness and it was a nice gesture :clap.

Meanwhile, I have noticed that my T Jet is parked in the delivery bay and from there Vishnu waved to me and requested me to wait. After 5 minutes, he came to meet us and explained that everything is ready. Since I came late, they were doing the delivery for the next customer. He also mentioned about the rain and said that it is a good sign J.

It was raining heavily outside.In no time, Vishnu came back and invited us to their office in the second floor to complete the paper work. He had everything ready, explained about the warranty etc, handed over the documents and we are all set for taking delivery.

Went downstairs to the delivery bay and the car was ready. He explained the corrections they have done after PDI (which I requested after PDI). They arranged a small pooja and after that handed over the key to me. All the sales staff of Ramkay was present there and was waving to us and wishing us good luck, when I took the car out. Another nice feeling which you can never experience in TATA showroom :clapping.

It was raining still and I was reluctant to take the car through the muddy roads (I think nobody would want to do that with a brand new car). I didn’t enjoy the first ride as it was during the rush hour with all Lorries, buses and autos were madly driving around me and I was trying to get home without getting any dents/scratches. I succeeded in my effort and reached home without any mishap.

We conducted another pooja at home on the same evening. The next day morning we went to Mahalingapuram Iyyappan temple for yet another pooja. After that we went to “body guard” – Muneeshwaran Koil (near Chennai Central) for another pooja. So till now my T Jet has gone through 4 poojas :D.

Till today I have done more than 2400 KMs, which includes a long drive to Mysore and Coorg. With every drive, my affection to T Jet is increasing manifold :dancing. It’s such a fantastic car :wow.

Few observations.

1. The music system is not so bad for a car, as others were commenting. I don’t need a home theater system in my car. Quite happy with the quality.

2. Automatic rain sensor was not working, for which I have raised a ticket to FIAT and got it corrected from Ramkay Service Center.

3. Automatic climate control is very use full. I have set it to 25 degrees and it keeps the cabin quite comfortable in long drives.

4. The ride quality is awesome, overtaking effortless, driving on ghat roads is a breeze.

In city, I am getting around 11-12 kmpl with a sedate driving style.
    On highways, the max I achieved is 17.6 Kmpl :dance. I believe this is a very good figure for T Jet. it happened on my way back from Mysore.

Few photographs of delivery

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    14 people like this.
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Congratulations! That colour looks fab on a T-Jet. Also, the average figures seem good.

Do post some nice outdoor pics of the beauty.
    1 person likes this.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations buddy! Wish you happy miles in Jet.

FE figures are too good. I also managed to get 18KMPL for 100+ KM streach with Average speed 53KMPH as per MID.
    2 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Congrats again Sreejith. Glad to see that you have finally started the ownership thread.

The best I ever got on the Jet was 19.1 kmpl over a distance of 300 kms (Hubli - Sira), of course using the Cruise Control, with average speed of 87 kmph. My brother took over driving from Sira to Bangalore and helped bring the consumption down to 16.5 kmpl, by the time we got home :D

3 people like this.
  5. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Congrats Sreejith !

I could remember my delivery date (Sep 15th) by reading your post. I got the similar kind of treatment from Ramkay and it was nice feel. Happy miles ahead :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Congratulations !!!
    OB is awesome !!!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Many Congratulations Sreejith..Sometimes I feel I could have gone for OB instead of TW looking at the pictures;)..I thought the same about audio quality/plastics as good and OK but not bad as per many comments..Looking forward for more pics and experiences:p..

oh oh...I can see you as a loyalist to both Fiat and Hero Honda !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    bsrej many congratulation for your New Linea.

Oceanic Blue color looks amazing. Keep her shining always and drive safe.
    2 people like this.
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congratulations for the jet buddy :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Congrats Sreejit, Wonderful figures for the best car in India.
    Enjoy your rides!!!
    1 person likes this.