1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OSRAM Night breaker plus or Osram FOG breaker for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Pavan Puvvada, Jan 19, 2015.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whats the overall cost of conversion to 100/80 bulbs and which all parts will have be changed ?

Also, how easy of difficult is it for reverse back to OEM ones. Reason i am asking is, if its not a big change and can be done as a DIY in 30-40 mins then I can change to 100/80 bulbs just for long highway night trips, but be generous to incoming traffic while in city.
  2. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I use a Osram nightbreaker plus..got it for about 1.8k on JC road, BLR. They are better than the OEM lights. They are DIY and easy to install.
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    100/90 (Im not sure if 100/80 available) conversion will take just 1500/- . 1100/- for Philips relay and 200/- each for Philips bulbs. It doesn't require anything extra. Just relay connection to battery +/-. It doesn't affect warranty in anyway.

I'm using this for past 3.5 years (My usage is mostly on highway, with min 2-4 hrs driving with headlight ON, 35k done till now, 5 years old car), my headlamp doom still shiny. Before that I used NB+ for close to year, believe me in rainy nights, its of no use. I would suggest you, rather anybody directly go for 100/90 if you plan majority of your driving at night.

Only -ve thing with relay is, if bulb goes, MID will not show.
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for your feedback @sreedhara_bj . So during highway drives, continious drive of around 2-2.5 hrs with 100/90 bulbs and on high beam will not be an issue. In city I very rarely use high beam.

Also worst case scenario if the reflector blackens or melts , can only that part be changed of the entire HL assembly will have to be changed. The cost of upgrading to 100/90 still seems cheaper, better asthetically and less hassle compared to getting a pair of Hella lights and gettings clamps installed. IMHO

If someone can share a pic of the wiring set-up it will be helpful so that can see if it can be done as a DIY and is reversable if need be.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    An update that I did get the lights upgraded to 100/90 Phillips Rally with Hella wiring kit with dual relay, dual fuse and ceramic holder, rated for upto 130W bulbs. Shall share details and pics
    rahulvfx likes this.
  6. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    H
    From where you get this done and can you share the details as well
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pradeepsangwan - Got the Hella Dual Relay Kit for Rs 860.00 from Hella Dealer of Delhi . The Philips Rally Bulbs for Rs 500 from Sixth Sense ( Sec-14, Gurgaon ). Rest was a DIY.

See that you are from Gurgaon. Can meet up sometime and do the DIY on your car too. Search for Hella Dealer of Gurgaon and you can source the wiring kit. The benefit of the dual relay kit is that it has 2 relays, 2 fuses , 2 power connection wires. So if one relay or fuse conks of the other will still keep working and you are not left in the dark
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015