1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OSRAM Night breaker plus or Osram FOG breaker for Linea

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Pavan Puvvada, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I am in a search of upgrading from stock bulbs to some good quality bulbs in my new linea.
    Main reason the current stock bulbs doesn't give good visibility at all.
    In the hunt I came to know OSRAM night breaker plus is very good and does its job very good.
    I went to Carcupid, Bavdhan, Pune and enquired about it and he said that new bulbs from OSRAM has launched in the name of Fog breakers.

Does any one in this forum have used it. If yes then please provide your feedback for the product.
  2. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Pavan,
    I don't know about OSRAM Fog breakers, But I installed the OSRAM unlimited in my Punto and the Visibility is far better compare to the OEM bulbs.
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    In an incandescent bulb, wattage is directly proportional to light output and heat. So an 80 watts bulb @250 bucks a piece for low beam for our linea will be superior to all the Fancy named bulbs in excess of @1000 plus a pair.

Plus that fog breaker what you talking about burns at 2.6k Kelvin. If you want that expensive bulb for a fog light, then its okay. But for main headlight, that is no no. Its just too yellow and not good for the guys coming opposite to you.
  4. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    You can try Philips xtremevision also. They are very good.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Nothing can beat the brightness of 100/80 watts bulb combination. These bulbs cost just 200 bucks. You need a relay kit to install them though. I have used nightbreaker plus and they are really a costly affair.
    unleash_thunder likes this.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Would the 100/80 watt bulb not heat a lot eventually leading to meltdown of reflector dome and or fading of headlight plastic
  7. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    I don't think so. Have been using 100/80 bulbs for the past five months. Though the headlight plastic gets heated up, it can withstand the heat.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you do a lot of night driving? Maybe regular usage or long distance usage at night will lead to too much heating. Dont get me wrong, just trying to be absolutely sure before myself getting this as have daily night driving of approx 1 hr and during long trips, mostly do night driving
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    100/80 bulbs will not just melt the holder in a longer run, it will darken the reflector. 100/80 will require you to add a cut-out and if you are car is in Warrenty then your Electricial warrenty is gone.
    I personally would not ever recommend anyone as I persoanlly feel it is in human as you will blid the oncoming traffic, trust me on average I curse about 20 odd drivers daily for blinding me.
    Anyway you do get Osram NB+ series, for fogs you can use H1 and H3 for Punto and H1/H7 for Linea. It is available on ebay and vicky.in shopping. I have bought Osram NB series for both my cars from vicky.in shopping and from ebay.in
  10. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore

Well i do a lot of night driving and have not experienced the dome to be extremely hot to touch even after one and half hours of continuous night driving. However, at traffic signals i do switch off my headlights even if it is for 20 odd seconds to reduce overheating.

Well i do not think it will void electrical warranty as no wires are tampered with. Having said that it also depends on the service center concerned. And driving in low beam with right setting for headlight beam will not blind the oncoming traffic.