1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OSRAM Night Braker Plus - Launched in India

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nitinkumardba, Mar 6, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Check with AK traders in JC Road. They are known for genuine products at lower prices.

Rajan
  2. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Rajan sir its Jk traders or Ak Traders? also whats your view on Osram or phillips? iam little confused
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    AK Traders, not JK. This one is on the first floor of a building on your right, in the third cross to the left from the first set of signals in JC Road.

I am a strong believer of OE lights and have never fitted brighter lights in any of the cars I have owned. I do not believe that blinding the oncoming traffic will help me see any better. So, not qualified to comment on which of the two is better. There are many in the forum who have upgraded and used these and obscenely brighter lights, who will be able to help you better.

Rajan
  4. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    But the specifications are same of OE lights right?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Even i feel brighter lights are not good.. is it possible that when i go on long drives i fit this & when i come back from my gujrath trip i fit the oe ? is this is just plug n use ?.. & removing & fitting bulbs often get defused?
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, I use Osram NB+ with OE wattage. It has a better beam throw and is a little more whitish. More white is good in dry weather, but in rain and fog it is awful. You can try Osram Silver Star if you do not want whiter light.

Philips also has similar options but am not sure of the names.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think they are. But they claim to be brighter nevertheless. I am comfortable with the factory fitted lights, find them more than adequate and have never upgraded. So my knowledge in this area is almost next to nil. The only reason I responded to your question, is to suggest an alternate vendor, who might be able to give you better prices.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Yes i like yellow light thats the reason read few review philips extreme vision is yellow light
  8. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Osram NB has less life compared to OE. Both of my headlight bulbs blew off with in a year, i mean the high beam filaments. but the OE is still going good after 2 years. Not sure about Philips.If you travel a lot during night i would recommend to stick with OE. The low beam of both OE and Osram had almost same lighting and beam throw or that is what i felt.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravikumar.L

Ravikumar.L

Bangalore
    OSRAM Night Braker Vs Philips x-treme vision 100%

Based on reviews I believe

- OSRAM Night Brakers --- >

Failure were seen on an average of 400 to 500 hr

- X-treme vision --> No Failures but lighting is not at par with OSRAM

Yesterday night I have replaced my fog lamps with - OSRAM Night Brakers (H1) costed 1K.. these are good. Now I'm planning to change head-lamp (H4) to my punto.

Decided to go for X-treme vision. I have checked with multiple auto garage and they charge approx - Rs: 1200 to 1300.

Major confussion is I see many varients of philips x-treme vision, I really need your help.

Whether all the models are same ? or different...

Car Bulbs › 9003 (HB2/H4) | PowerBulbs

and in the India-philips it gives me different model

Philips Headlights. Car lights

and in E-Bay

100% Original Philips Extreme X-treme Vision Car Headlight Bulbs Bulb H4 60/55W | eBay

Thanks,
    Ganesh
  10. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    do not go for osram night breaker plus.me and ramjn were victim.during rain and state high way.it makes me wonder whether i switched on or not.
    1 person likes this.