1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OSRAM Night Braker Plus - Launched in India

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nitinkumardba, Mar 6, 2011.

1. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore

Thanks Ravi and nkrishnap for prompt replies! I have talked to both Reliance and Konark agencies. They said a similar price of Rs 1100/-(pair), a little higher than online price. But I guess that's okay as I get the original ones and immediately as well. Planning to buy today evening.

Thanks again and happy driving!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ive also heard that Osram NB+ has more whitish tint than Philips X-tremeVision which will not be good in rains /foggy conditions . Just a little note of caution.
  3. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    Hi Cinju,

I could read the same doubt in a number of forums online. But can't find any real user complaining about this.

Actually recently one of my friend has tried both x-tremevision and NB+ on his i20 (H7 bulbs). Initially he replaced his stock high beam pairs with x-tremevision. It was improvement, but he was not completely satisfied. Then after a few weeks he again replaced those with NB+, moved the x-tremevisions to low beam. It was better again this time, even I could see the difference in brightness and reach after upgrade to NB+ on his car. Also he says no problem in medium rain.

So I am more inclined towards NB+ over the Philips one. Hopefully H4 will show similar behavior as H7.

Thanks!
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Apart from the light throw did you feel any considerable difference in the light tint ? Are you sure your friend had the Philips Xtreme Vision & not the Philips Xtreme Power ? Anyway real life experience always counts . Thanks for the clarification .
  5. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    Yes, what my friend had was Xtreme Vision. We couldn't see much difference in color tint between i20 stock and Phillips ones, may be later has slight less yellow tint. But NB+ was noticeably whiter and brighter, and clearer of-course than the stock ones. How it behaves in heavy rain and foggy conditions is yet unknown, as he has upgraded recently.

Thanks!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I have been using OSRAM NB+ H4 for the last 1.5 yrs, and they are great ! definitely a ton better than the stock beams.... I do a lot of Highway drives, and it is very good for those. The bean color is isn't very whiteish as such, but it will have lesser yellow tint in it in comparison to the stock ones. Recently, one of then went kaput, and I had bought over NB+ pair again.... didn't want to experiment another time......
    1 person likes this.
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I used both Xterme Vision and NB+ on my Punto and noticed that the NB+ is better when it is not raining.

On a side note, My Xterme Vision's lasted me 2 years while I had to change my Night Breakers on less than 4 months. I am not sure if this happened because if was a fake or not.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Harshad M J

Harshad M J Timido

Trivandrum
    [@ Cinju
    Where can you buy this this NB + in Trivandrum?
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Harshad well no idea. Just check with the major shops like car palace, motor plaza etc.Other way is to get it online.
  10. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Iam planning to buy Phillips Xtreme Vision H-4 for my Punto.. Reliance Autoworld has quoted 1200/- for a pair ...or shall i go for Osram Night Breaker Plus ?