1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Orvm cap remove

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by arunbaboo4, Aug 6, 2012.

1. arunbaboo4

arunbaboo4

BANGALORE
    Hallo guys pls tell me how easily can we remove our orvm cap of the punto 90HP (looking to change the colour of the ORVM feeping stock colur with us).
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Not sure how to remove but it should be easy as once a bike hit my car and the cap came out, the biker lifted it and realizing that he had done a mistake he fled with the cap :eek: , I replaced it from TASS costed around around Rs.60 (painting extra), so even if it breaks :) while opening it will not cost you much, I would suggest keep the original ones and get a new set and paint it.
    Please put photos of the process if you are able to open it.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The ORVM cap could be removed easily by bare hands. It's a DIY job. Just ensure that hooks come out of the slots by pressing at those locations as indicated in this diagram:

15553d1319798015-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-dsc05502.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I did remove them..
    its a diy.

fold the mirrors..

hold one hand on the curved pointed end of the cap and the other hand on the other side and just give a hard pull towards you...
    IMG-20120807-00062.jpg IMG-20120807-00063.jpg
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

it was hard the first time and was a bit too scared as well..

but the same night.. after a drink.. thought of giving it a another shot.. i hardly remember using any pressure..:D

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

hope this helps
    5 people like this.
  6. arunbaboo4

arunbaboo4

BANGALORE
    Its very difficult

Its very difficult to remove orvm of my beauty itried a lot but its not coming
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Now that is what a drink does to you. I takes away all fears and make you brave man! LOL :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

no..... it makes me careless..
  9. Use a flat screw driver and gently push outwards from the gaps, i replaced myself both the caps, easy one to do.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

yeah its a bit tough the 1st time.. u may be worried ur exerting to much power and it may break..

just hold ur hand on both side of the mirror cap and give a hard pull towards u..that's it..