1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Optimus Prime comes home in Magnesio Grey Avtar

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by mangeshtendulkar, Jul 11, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats bad @mangeshtendulkar !! i can truly relate with you and picturise the whole event. Wipro circle always shows heart in mouth moments to commuters. Having seen your beauty in person is causing extra pain :(

As suggested by others go for the insurance, I hope you opted for zero dep.
    mangeshtendulkar and rishike007 like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats bad @@mangeshtendulkar as you said no point extending argument with goanwalas.

I am sure pandit auto will do fine job and bumper, rear right fender need to repaired or replace. Better to use insurance in this case.
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @mangeshtendulkar :arghh:

But such damage is skin deep, and easily if expensively (via insurance) undone! Am sure Pandit will do the job perfectly. Cheer up, hota hai, sab ke saath, imagine the mangling a Honda City would've undergone.;)
    asimpleson and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Thanks everyone for suggestions. I have left the car with Pandit Auto. Claimed the insurance and thankfullly had zero dep so lesser hole in the pocket. Estimated time is 10 days..already started feeling empty once i left the workshop. Waiting to get my prime back in good shape.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Whoa. Thats some long time required to repair. Do the workshop have a huge backlog or something. Normally the repair should not take more than 5 days or so. Have they given an estimate of the cost involved?
    Tornado likes this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad! @mangeshtendulkar be absolutely sure about the paint matching. Pandit generally does a good job with the painting and has a good paint booth. But make sure that the paint is matched well.

@ghodlur : have a feeling they are going to replace the door with a new one. And might have placed an order for it. That probably will take time.

Edit: Merging this thread with your ownership review. Let everything be in one place. Thanks!
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @ghodlur Indeed its long waiting time but its a worst case scenario in which RHS body and RHS rear door would need to be replaced. Worst case estimate (with all damaged parts replaced) came to whooping 25K
  8. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Sure @amogh I shall ensure paint match. Thanks for the pointer.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sad to see that @mangeshtendulkar. Since you took down the truck guy's no. and given his background or local level clout as you suggest, do you think of lodging an FIR or at-least getting a report jotted down for insurance sake..?
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @mangeshtendulkar
    Sad that this happened. It is good that you walked away without much of an argument. I have noticed a lot of these so called goon drivers in Hinjewadi. Hope you get your car back in the pristine condition as before.