1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Opti Coat 2.0 Anyone within the forum who has tried this

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Iluvpunto, May 17, 2014.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    [h=1]Hi All,[/h]
    While browsing for some old 90hp comparison videos in Youtube, came across the below link with title Chethan's Punto 90HP Exotic Red with Opti Coat 2.0 and was amazed to see the end result.

Chethan's Punto 90HP Exotic Red with Opti Coat 2.0 - YouTube

I was wondering if someone from TFI has done this in Chennai or Bangalore as I was interested in getting this done for my Red Beauty. I did some research in the net and as per the information I got, it is kind of permanent paint protection applicant which is a bit costly and also the pre-preparation work is a bit complicated.

If a thread already exists related to this, please ignore.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Yes i can confirm on costly part , i remember somebody had done that ( not on team fiat , somewhere else ) and quote was definately 15K+ ( including taxes )
  3. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

The car in the video belongs to TFI member chethansgangoor. It is my video and I did the detailing for his car :)
  4. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    15K + !!!! that is too much charge for a paint sealant. Any do they offer any warranty on this application at least for a year or two ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

How much did it cost for chethan to get it done SunnyBoi ? was that on par with what Pushkaraj has mentioned in his post ?
  5. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I wont discuss costs/commercials. However that was the best that can be done to an Exotic Red Punto :)

High resolution pictures of the car here :

Chethan's New Punto with Opti Coat 2.0 - Imgur
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Can somebody from Chennai (ambattur Side) suggest me some good body workshop as I need to fix some minor scratches on front bumper and left rear door and fender. Is that advisable to take outside as my car is still in extended Warranty cover ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Huge inconsistent quotes from FASS are keeping me away from them. First time when I enquired with RDC (Ambattur) they quoted me 3500 for the bumper and 3000 for the fender. Later someone else from RDC itself quoted 3000 for bumper and 3000 for the fender. This inconsistency is making me think of someone outside for a cheaper price.
  7. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    @SunnyBoi - I'm also interested to do the same treatment to my White beauty... How can I get in touch with you? Do you do this commercially ? And also foremost, how long this coat lasts? Mentioning, I do the cleaning part for my car, mainly water wash once in one or two weeks, else everyday after a trip, I have a habit to use Jopasu to get rid of the dusts... On top of that, if you want I wouldn't bother to cover my car to retain this coating for long time ...