1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Online Tracker for Fiat Linea

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by ishankarve, May 3, 2011.

How do you rate the project potential?

1. Bright

2. Not So Bright

0 vote(s)
  3. I prefer a candle

4. Switch It Off & Save energy

0 vote(s)
  1. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

Thanks 2 you for ur words and votes of encouragement. Here is the brief architecture of the system (tentative) Opensource & Free for all are key to this project. Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome

Frontend (web) : Apache (Webserver), PHP (Server side Language), MySQL (Database), Google Map API V2 & a bit of Javascript.
    Hardware : Commercially available GPS tracker. TK103,203 or similar. (I am working on my own el cheapo tracker using a hacked wifi router running Openwrt)
    CAN interface : PIC/Arduino microcontroller based CAN transreceiver.
    Intruder Alarm : Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR)

No , I do not intend so... Why restrict functionality just because a car is not fiat... however branding shall remain fiat...

I shall do that.. shortly I will release all my web code once it reaches some degree of reliability /maturity.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

This is interesting. Please provide more info on getting the GPS tracker connected to the car.
  3. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

Please look at the first post of the topic for the ebay link
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Nice work ishan..where has ur project reached so far?? have u tested?? any bugs?? A lot of tfi'ans wud luv to help :)
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Thanks, I understood the theory part, but can you provide some pointers as to how you actually did the connections in the car?
  6. ishankarve

ishankarve Novizio

Web frontend is at http://trackmylinea.zzl.org. I will post the snaps of tracker shortly..
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. Eager to know more about that.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Any further developments on this?
  9. Ishan
    please post the updates..
    glued to this thread..
    waithing eagerly for the device. then we all TFI members can happily greet each other when ever we run into
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

@ishankarve , dude really im curious too!!...keep it up & post it little more openly!::T