1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One Year with my Punto + 2 free service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by basavaraj koti, Mar 8, 2013.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looking OK to me,,, my bill was almost the same in KHT, they charge rs 85 for wind screen cleaner and some 200 change for consumables(no idea, what is that).

My bill was 5.2K. I did not change the break pad. I have almost 50% of the break pad life left.
  2. soji

soji Novizio

Kerala-Idukki/Thrissur
    Idukki-Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    Last month I did the 2nd service from KHT and it comes Rs. 5400/- . Same Audio volume control problem, i am also facing...Any solution for that???
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    try to show them and claim the warranty. before handing over the car, confirm the issue with them,, these SA people very good blame players, they never take responsibility.
  4. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    As you are servicing your vehicle from KHT, report the issue and hope they'll report the same to FIAT and replace the HU.
    As per my understanding after discussion with Mashud Khan from Concorde, some HU has these issues and its genuine. So report the same and get it changed.
  5. Santu123

Santu123 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi all,

On 23rd March, exactly one year for my punto... I took for 2nd free service at prerana motors, kuldu gate.
    1) my service charge came to Rs.5561. Punto has run almost 14k kms; and almost all rates are similar to what BASAVARAJ KOTI has put in pdf. (i have K&N filter, so no air filter change)
    2) Yes i car also has HU volume control issue! I guess this is common in 2012 models. Even the service executive Karthik at prerana mentioned its common issue. I have asked for replacement under warrenty. He has sent for request to Fiat HQ it seems.
    4) i have one more strange issue. The to put on reverse gear, i have pull it hard or else it will go back to neutral or some sound will come from engine side. He is telling clutch plate replacement will solve issue! But i doubt it... should i ask for entire gear box replacement? plz suggest...
    5) And also i guess they were out of stock for brake pads, so he said i can still use it for 2000kms more then get the vehicle for brake pad change. But i can feel the braking is not accurate as it was some 2months back...
    5) So except the above 2 issues rest all is awesome. Even they did awesome cleaning/polishing job! I am very much satisfied with the service, I will be very happy if i get above 2 replacements asap.

Kudos to Karthik. And one more thing prerana always has very gud committed resources like Surendra (now he is handling paid service vehicles). And by this month end they mentioned new service centre will be open in Vecto motors.. Also he mentioned, in service centres are equipped with all latest Fiat machinery for servicing. eg: auto car wash! Hope future days will only get better for Fiat and its sales/service :)
  6. Santu123

Santu123 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi guys,

One more imp update... in service they are changing engine top cap which holds the air filter...!
    Reason: They mentioned the existing engine cover cap allows dust to go inside! Now i dont have multijet name on engine...it was on that previous cap.

Prerana is changing this for all who are getting serviced with them, may be they should have recalled and changed for free. But may be as this is not critical part they are changing during service. in my two frns puntos also its changed. And they are charging around 150rs for that!

anyone have more info on this??
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It could be the clutch plate.
    Is it that FIATs are meant meant for highways and not for city use where heavy use of clutch is required? Lots of us face clutch issues at 10, 15, or 20k kms. Isnt it too bad. There may be several people whose clutch is working fine after heavy city usage. But if same or similar issue is reported by some 10 people, that means there is a genuine issue. Some adjust their driving style, some live with the issue, an some others see to it that the part is replaced.

Aside: At 29k, my clutch plate seems to be nearing life. I can see symptoms of it. I am just waiting to hear from concorde about part availability.
  8. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    Hi Santu,
    Can me share me Mr.Surendra's contact no.
    I need to speak with him regarding changing of my Punto's HU.
    Even Mr.Mashud Khan suggested me to meet him, but he did not have the contact no.

Thanks in advance
  9. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    Can you share me Mr.Surendra's contact no.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi TFIans, One senior person called Mr Kumar in KHT motors is available. He seems have fair bit of idea about FIAT issues. You can contact him with this number, 8861202035