1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One Year with my Punto + 2 free service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by basavaraj koti, Mar 8, 2013.

1. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    HI to all PUNTO'rs

Completed 1 year with my PUNTO (BNW).
    KMS Run : 11750

Yesterday, got the servicing done from "Concorde Motors", Dairy Circle.

Got to know, "Concorde Motors", will stop servicing of FIAT Cars, from this month end i.e., 31st March 2013.

Issues reported by me:
    1) Fog from AC vents when run in "Auto" for more than 1 Hr
    2) Audio volume control knob not working properly
    3) Mileage (12.8 city limits)

Attended by : Maushad Khan.

Solutions informed to me for above issues :
    1) Cleaning of AC drain out will solve the AC Fog issue.
    2) Problem with the audio system, Head unit to be changed, cannot take up the job, bcoz month end fiat servicing will be closed, if he reports the issue to fiat now, MIN reqd days to receive new Head unit will be 20 days. So he insisted me to visit Prerana or KHT. (I don't know what to do now).
    3) Mileage cannot be done anything bcoz controlled by ECM.

Initial estimation was given for Rs.5,300/-.
    Later Maushad Khan called me insisted on changing brake pads, and informed that i can the use existing ones for not more than another 1000 Kms.
    For changing of brake pads, he quoted around Rs.3,600/-.

Total cost came to : Rs.8600/-.

My questions:
    1) If second FREE service would cost this much, then how much will the 3rd FREE service cost ??
    2) Was changing of brake pad necessary ?
    3) Which servicing center is preferred next, to solve my "Audio" system issue ?

Need other fiat'ians / Punto'rs feedback on the above.
  2. Hey basavaraj the intial estimation of 5.3k which you got for the 2nd service is quiet normal.And by 'free service' it means you will be charged only for the cosumables,labour charge will be free.
    As for brake pads getting changed at just 11k kms is hard to digest,have you checked the condition of the brake pads?What was the thickness of the compound on the pads?if possible post a pic..
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Basvaraj, what you mean by issue as Mileage 12.8 in city, I see its ok if you are driving in heavy traffic.
    And the cost 8600, with brake pad change is perfectly normal. If you feel its more, share your bill and let us know which one you feel extra.
    Brake Pad, you should have verified, but 11k its too less drive for pad to go. I am driving my current pad from last 25K+, and seems its needs change now.

For details on cost of servicing, review ​http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealershi...t-linea-punto-maintenance-cost-ownership.html.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    As your car is just a year old, it is still under warranty. Isnt the HU covered in warranty? Last month, I got the AC duct cleaned and was charged just Rs. 450 or so. Where is this Rs.5300/- coming from? I have interacted with Khan quite a few times and found to be a good person.
    As for the brake pads, see the condition urself and decide on that. I think the brake pads cost around 2800/+ around 350/- as labor.
  5. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore

==========
    Hi Ravi,
    Everyday i am driving from vijayanagar to Kormangala NGV via mysore road and adugodi, hopw you know the traffic there.
    I will post the pics of brake pads tomorrow. Hope you can shed more light on that

===============
    Hi fiatlover,
    i'll post the pics of brake pad and the servicing Bill. Hope all of you guys can take a look @ it.

Yes the HU is still under warranty, any suggestion on which servicing company i should go for
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Even my HU volumne knob doesn't work properly. If I turn it to the right the volume immediately drops to 0. I have to turn it really slowly till I reach the desired volume. I have learn't to live with it:(
  7. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    Hi All,
    sorry for the delay in uploading the receipt.
    Here i have attached the scanned copy of the 2nd free service receipt.
    Please check.

Will upload the pics of brake pad @ the earliest.

Attached Files:

8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is "Windshield Wash" of 2.3K??
  9. basavaraj koti

basavaraj koti Novizio

bangalore
    Wind shield wash for 1 ltr is 2319.00 but charged amount is Rs.2.32/-
    I also got confused and checked with Mashud khan and he explained.
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    wiremesh filter is charged 173.80. When I replaced this part in last Aug it was 47.16. Price increased so much?