1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One Year With My Bronzo !!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Yamboy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Hi All,

I started loving FIAT cars, after driving my friend's Palio 1.2 Sports in 2008 when I was in Bangalore. At that time, I was having an Alto LX and I never missed an oppourtunity to drive my friend's Palio. We had numerous long and short trips in that and that made me like FIAT cars more and more. After driving the Palio, I found my car very basic and was not feeling safer for long highway drives. So I wanted to replace it with a bigger hatchback. With future of Palio Stile uncertain, I narrowed down to i20. But my wife had another plans. " First a home, then consider buying a new car" She told. I thought about it seriously and agreed with her. So the plan for upgrading to a bigger car was shelved and search for an appartment began. By 2009 end, we bought an appartment and all my saving went in for that and along with got the burden of home loan EMI. I felt that my dream of having new car is very distant.

In 2010, one my very close friend told me about his plan for buying a new car for him. I had only one answer, '' Go for a Punto !". We went for a testdrive of Figo, i20 and Punto. He liked the looks and solid build of Punto and we booked a Punto Multijet Emotion at Concorde Motors, Diary Circle Bangalore. My friend was not a confident driver at that time and car was driven by me for most of the time as we were staying nearby. Actually, out of 13K kms covered by that Punto in the fisrt year, I drove close to 10K. :) This gave me an idea about the safety, comfort and ride and handling provided by a modern day FIAT car and decided in my mind that whenever I go for new Car it will be a FIAT and started dreaming about Punto EVO launch in India.

Meanwhile I shifted to another company and my financial status improved and a new member, my son :) joined the family. Travel to my hometown Thiruvananthapuram in train/ bus with him was not easy and the idea of getting a bigger car for our long trips came to my mind. One day, while I was chatting with one of my colleage in my office cafeteria, he told me that he is looking to by a diesel hatchback, his first. My suggestion was again obvisous, '' Go for a Punto !" ;). We went for a testdrive at the same Concorde motors showroom. But destiny had kept something for me also there. A gorgeous BNW FIAT Linea was parked in the showroom. Even while interacting with the Sales representative for the Punto, I was unable to take my eyes off the Linea. I made a casual enquery about the Linea at the end of our discussion, took the price list and came back. While coming back from the showroom, my friend told me that he need to have a look at i20 and BEAT before taking the desicion. Suddenly I replied to him, "You can take your won time for making the decision, but I am going to buy a Linea !". Everything moved swiftly after that. I discussed with my wife and she also gave green signal. We browsed the Fiat website and selected Bronzo Scuro as the preferred colour. I called the Sales representative the next day and told him that I will be there at the showroom soon to book a Linea.My alto was sold to another colleage the same day and went to showroom in the evening to hand over a cheque for 25K and booked the MY2012 Bronzo Scuro FIAT LINEA Multijet EMOTION. It was 15th February 2012 and the Sales rep told me that since Linea of the particular colour is not in stock with them or in the Fiat factory they need a maximum of 15 days for delivery of the car. I said ok. Car came to the yard by 23rd of Feb. Since I need more time for arranging the loan, March 3rd was decided as the date for taking the delivery. Dealer offered Parking sensors, carcover and sill plates in addition to the on going offers from FIAT.

Loan got dispersed by on 2nd March 2012 and money transferred to delear's account on 3rd Morning. Evening 5 PM was decided as delivery time and I reached the showrrom by 2:30 PM to make sure that everything is going fine. I met the sales representative who was standing with a worried face. He told me that money is not yet reflected in dealer's account so delivery of the vechile is not possbilbe that day. This was after the Bank in which the dealer is having account has confirmed that they have received the amount but it will reflect in the delaers account only by EOD. The Attitude of the dealer on this issue made me angry but, finally with the help of one of my friend in Tata motors, the issue got resolved and they delivered the car by 6:30 PM. :)

What I like:
    + Looks.
    + Ride and handling.
    + 16 inch Tubine blade alloys.
    + Blue and Me.
    + Beige Italian leather seats.
    + Boot space.
    + ACC

Dislikes:
    - Fit and Finish
    - 1.3 MJD lacks punch, Linea needs 1.6 badly
    - Not so smooth Gear shift

Fast forward to present...

As of now, my Bronzo has covered 12K kms and is giving an average FE of 14 Kmpl which I feel is on the lower side.Got first year service done at Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum. Expense approx Rs.6k. Overall satisfied with the service but needs to improve a lot. More details about that and pictures follows soon....
    6 people like this.
  2. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Car3.jpg Car4.jpg Car1.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Same situation with me. I now have a new car because father in law was also interested in it. Yet to get a home !!!
  4. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Just called Mohandas Motors and booked an appointment for Monday, 8th April for the getting the pending works done. Bronzo's first year service was done last month, but following tasks were not done citing need of more time.

1. Rattle coming from the plastic cover below the steering column.

2. Noise coming from the FR suspension while going over humps.

3. Rattle coming from the right side of the body behind the rear seat.

For the last one, SA told me that it will be mostly due to the faulty welding which is common in some batch of 2012 Lineas . Anybody aware of this issue?
  5. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    My Bronzo is at Mohandas Motors from last Monday onwards for fixing the issues listed above. :(

Regarding the issue #3, SA confirmed me today that the rattle is indeed due the faulty welding and they are proceeding with the work to fix that. Hope the issue will be fixed cleanly and completely. Keeping my fingers crossed. :(
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Can some one confirm this?? Did anyone else owning 2012 Linea face this?
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh damn... a batch of cars had this problem of spot welding and hope this doesnt turn serious like manilruben's car... our tvm tfian asif and his friend's car taken in march 2012 had this issue and after many mails to Fiat and dialogues, it was finally carried out at mohandas in the presence of Fiat officials.. Yamboy, its painful to see the linea stripped apart for doing this, if possible, be there during the time of doing this. This was a serious quality issue being ignored by the company, they should ve called upon that batch of cars and redone it , well, we can talk about this next week when we meet up !!
  8. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Yes, it is really painful to see the car stripped apart. :( When I went for the 2nd service last month, I told SA about this issue and then he showed me one BNW Linea stripped to do welding work on the front right side. After seeing that, I didn't have the courage to force him to fix the issue in my car. But later I started getting irritated with the rattle and thought it will be better to do the fix as early as possible when the warranty is in place.

My car is manufactured in Feb 2012 and most probably of the same batch as that of asif's car. It is really sad that FIAT ignored this QC issue and waiting of each Linea owners of that batch to find the issue and go to the service centre for repair instead of proactively recalling that batch for the repair. :irked

asif, can you please PM your contact number. I need your help in getting more information about this issue.
  9. Yamboy

Yamboy Novizio

Trivandrum
    Yesterday evening I called the SA for updates and he suggested me to wait for couple of months as the person who has experiance in fixing these types of issues has left the service centre and so better wait till once the exclusive FIAT service centre is opened for FIAT by Mohandas Motors and new technicians get trained by FIAT.
    :A
    Guys, please suggest what should I do now. Do I need to get something like an acknowledgement letter from MM on this or do I need to call FIAT and log this issue? :confused:
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Do batches later than May 2012 have this problem?

Escalate to FIAT. If previously this issue was fixed in presence of FIAT officials, they will do it again for you.
    Mention MM's response to FIAT as well. No need to get their response in writing.