1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One T Jet, checking in :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pradeepck, Aug 1, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You get a very powerful car in it's segment and want to remap it already? Now I understand why they say "Drunk with power". My suggestion as a fellow T-Jet owner - enjoy the car as is. Change things that do not suit your taste. Explore the limits of what this car can give you - bone stock. Buy an ELM 327 OBD2 adapter and install TorquePro on your smartphone and monitor the engine. The day you use 112 horses and it feels inadequate will be the day to start thinking of a remap.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    No photos yet, but the first niggle.....

All valid points. I will follow the advice :) What exactly is an ELM adapter? How does it help? Could you please give more info?

I am facing a small niggle with the car since this morning. After starting, it starts beeping and says "Rear right door is open". Even after shutting it real hard (it is apparent to the human eye that the door is shut), the car keeps on beeping this message. If I shut my ears, it is possible to continue driving, but after parking, it is not possible to lock it, because it feels the door is open.

What is the best thing to do?
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    hi Pradeep, Welcome to TFI and Congratulations.
  4. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    Thank you, Surya!
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    CONGRATULATIONS.....Pradeep,
    You've got the best in class, enjoy it as it is for time being....I don't think it'll disappoint you so for as you remain a driving enthusiast who communicates with his car. If you needed more horses to handle then there were other choices like Cruze or XUV500 if you could stretch the budget little more, but I'm sure that T-jet is a delight to drive and rein it like a wild horse...!

Yes, the minor niggles here and there are normal, get those rectified at service centers, but take care of new engine till the run-in period is over, be gentle and patient.
    Rest will follow and enjoy life.

Drive Safe.
    SHAH,S A
  6. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    Hi Shah,

Thanks very much for the wishes. Yes, you are right in that the TJet is the best in its class. I was not looking for a power monster like Cruze. After all, handling and driving pleasure are important too. Having said that, I have a fiesta already and was looking for something significantly more powerful than that. It is unfortunate that in India, cars are not made for driving enthusiasts, they are made for people to get from point A to point B with minimum fuel and maximum status - hence the concentration on frills, and dull cars. Abroad, we have the mitsubishis, the subarus, the pontiacs, the alfa romeos and the fiats - all available at very moderate costs and yet a drivers delight. There, 150 to 200 bhp is considered the norm rather than high power. The costs are comparable to that of a honda city or Fiat Linea. The Fiat Linea TJet itself is available at a higher level of tune in Brazil. I wonder why they have tuned it differently here.

Yes, one may hardly use all the 152 hp of power. It is like your bank account - you may not dip into it everyday, but it is nice to know it is there when you need it :) Also, when the bout of frenzy takes you, you can always set out on the expressway, on a moonlit night and let her go :)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I really do not care if I am the last to take off from a signal. I know that all those jack rabbits that take off will be waiting for me at the next one. I am not against remapping at all. As a matter of fact, I am considering getting a remap myself - to improve low end and mid range torque. Speed is not everything. Even if you get a 250 HP car, you can only use as much power as the roads will safely allow.

Let us not compare ourselves with more developed countries. They have better infrastructure, better road manners and better enforcement of law&order. So they have better cars. It is in our won hands to get there. And that is definitely not going to happen by getting better cars first. Your analogy of a bank account is nice. However, when I know for a fact, that I will need "X" as standby and available for use, when needed, does it really make a difference if I have "X" or "10X" or "100X"?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  8. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    Hi PatchyBoy,

Well said :)

I definitely don't want to be the kid on the block who jumps off the signal first, I am too old for that :) Neither do I want to go driving very fast and very loud in city roads. The highways are what I live for. There is one long stretch on the mumbai pune expressway, where one can really drive :) There are some winding roads in the nathional highway to mumbai that are also delectable. These are the ones I live for.

Talking of infrastructure, there are already big cars in Indian roads in the hands of loutish drivers, who have got too much power too quickly. I dont think that kind of person will ever go for a Fiat - he would go for a pajero, or a bmw, or an octavia. My point was that there arent enough cars for the driver. Why should one have to buy a bmw or a civic or a cruze for 140 horses? If the same Fiat can deliver 140 horses so beautifully in Brazil, why not in India? Is it because the mileage would be affected? Not sure.....

Btw, I got the locking system fixed. The people at the service centre said it was an electrical problem.

A couple of other things that I noticed - when I press the control for the wiper no water comes out. It was working a couple of days ago. Do I have to replenish the water?

The central locking controls on the right hand door seems to have come out slightly from its dock. I am ignoring it for now.

Also, the doors don't shut easily when I close it. I always have to open it again and slam it.

Is it only me :(

Waiting for the car to cross 2000 km before i can take her for a long drive......
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Open the bonnet and check where the pipe is connected to a two-way joint. It would be in the bonnet lid, right underneath the passenger side spray nozzle. Most likely, that would have come off. Fix the pipe back and you should be good to go.

Rajan
  10. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    hi Rajan,

That worked. Thanks.

Also, the Fiat people were very helpful and fixed my problem promptly. I was delightfully surprised. Hopefully, this is the beginning of good things! Just waiting for some more miles under the hood before I really let her loose :)

Here are a few photos. Finally managed to take them
    DSC_1203.JPG
    DSC_1204.JPG
    DSC_1205.JPG
    DSC_1208.JPG
    DSC_1206.JPG
    DSC_1207.JPG
    DSC_1211.JPG
    DSC_1209.JPG
    DSC_1210.JPG
    DSC_1214.JPG
    DSC_1212.JPG