1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One T Jet, checking in :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pradeepck, Aug 1, 2013.

1. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    After a lot of huffing and puffing, finally got my T Jet Active in Pune. Here's hoping to share my driving experiences with like minded Fiat aficionados, and also hoping to get lots of advice from all the seniors here!

Pradeep
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    welcome and Congrats. please post pics too.
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard.

Do share with us all the experiences related to the purchasing and now the ownership. Ofcourse with plenty of pics of the Jet. :)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welocme to TFI Pradeep..plz share your driving experience wih us..post pics of Ur new Baby T-Jet..
    1 person likes this.
  5. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    If I am not wrong your's would be the first T-Jet Active. Congratulations for your purchase pradeepck
    1 person likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    congratulations and welcome to tfi.
    you will find more fans here..
    1 person likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Pradeep,

Welcome to the TFI. Looking forward to your interactions on the forum. This forum is a minefield of information. Do take time to go through the rules n regulations of the forum.

Am curious to know - why huffing and puffing?
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations Pradeep. Welcome to the exclusive T-Jet club. Enjoy your ride.

:eek:fftopic
    I am sure you meant Goldmine. I minefield is full of land mines. One wrong step and you are dead. I am sure the forum is not that :evilsmile

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  9. pradeepck

pradeepck

Pune
    Hey Guys!,

Its great to get so many replies. So many enthusiasts. So much knowledge. So much humour (a minefield of humour!). I am floored the way the accelerator of a T Jet is floored when a true enthusiast puts his foot on it!!!!!

I had taken a test drive back in December 2012. At that time, they said it was discontinued and that spare parts etc would be difficult to come by. Besides, there were all sorts of stories floating around - that the Abarth would come, that the Viaggio would come etc etc. So I drooled, and I waited..... Six months later, Fiat came out with a grand announcement - that they would relaunch the self same Fiat Linea T Jet, with some minor modifications, all over Again. Since external frills and mods are not what one buys a TJet for, I was sorely disappointed - Old wine in old bottle was the first reaction. At least was hoping that they would at least release it at a higher tune - the engine is capable of 150+ bhp after all.

But after a lot of research, and going through the agonies of driving the petrol Verna (like trying to make love to your pillow), the Duster etc, I decided that the old TJet still was better, miles over the rest. So finally, decided to go for it!

That is when the pain started.

Pandit Auto in Pune, were OK till the the test drive. After I decided to buy the car, they seemed to lose all interest. They tried to foist an SBI loan on me, and SBI moved verrry slow. Even after many calls, they refused to move it faster, to a point when they stopped taking my calls :) After 2 weeks of quiet desperation, I decided to take matters in my own hands, and got an ICICI loan within a couple of days. This seemed to piss them off no end - the minute I said ICICI was ready, they said SBI was ready too. There was lot of pressure to take the loan from SBI, but I desisted. They took revenge by slowing the paper work to a snail's pace.

Finally, after lots of calls, coaxing, threatening cajoling and weeping on the phone, they got it ready. I went over last Friday and finally got delivery. The final blow was that they had put barely enough petrol to go to the nearest petrol pump - so the first experience of the TJET was not putting the pedal to the floor. It was searching for the petrol pump :)

The smart alec who sold me the car goes by the name of Gurnain Kapoor. Small, smart guy with a ring on one ear, and a great capacity to ignore the customer and feed him false stories. Avoid him like the plague.

But all the pain, the frustration was worth it. I have a fiesta 1.6 petrol, which I love more than my life itself - but she appears slow and worn out after I started driving my Italian Senorita. Sophia Loren is what the TJet reminds me of, the same outrageous curves, and the same sauciness. It seems to be bigger and more powerful than the Fiesta. I am yet to really push her.

Just wanted some advice from the big brothers out here - Do I need to break her in or can I try to push her to 200 right now? Also, I am not able to see the mileage on the dashboard. Is there any way to bring it up there?

Whew, this was a long post. Forgive the long words, and try to forgive Gurnain Kapoor for the wrongs that he has inflicted. I will try to put some pics soon :)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You don't buy a T-Jet. You earn it :evilsmile

Rajan
    6 people like this.