1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One Plus One:2014Flagship Killer

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by magnan, Aug 29, 2014.

1. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Thanks Dude for naughty thoughts!
    So a new battery can be added to Nexus 5 with minor operation! Gr8. I was worried about my daughter's phone. Is it possible in Pune as I am going there on my next assignment of 10 days? TFIens at Pune please guide.
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Boss, It can be done. That is why these phones are specifically called as "Phones with non user replaceable batteries". But yes, we can do it ourself if we have the time, patience and most importantly the replacement battery.

Check these links
    http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-manually-replace-nexus-5-battery
    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus 5 Teardown/19016
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus 5 Battery Replacement/26009
    magnan likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    http://www.amazon.in/Genuine-Original-BL-T9-Google-Nexus/dp/B00I07BWY8?tag=googinhydr18418-21
    ^^You could get this battery delivered at Pune and get help from some good local mobile phone repair shop, since they have the small tools and finesse needed for such operations. Please check your model compatibility and compare prices online once again.
    magnan likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    So day before I saw a Xiaomi Mi3 and the specs and built quality is impressive comparing specs to One Plus One. If One Plus One still keeps going around this pre-order system or via registering via some forum etc. as it did before, it will loose too many customers even here in India. Best to lauch it via some of the leading on-line retailers.

The best feature is the highly tweaked Android OS from Cyanogenmod group, I am running one on my older Galaxy Wave S8500 and it's super cool.. :)
    pra.agar likes this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have an MI3 and it really beats for 14k bucks. Miui in Mi3 and Cyanogenmod in Galaxy S2 ;-) Both phones rooted.
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Ya that's true. But Mi3 when it was launched in China, even they were like OnePlus One. They had limited manpower and could only produce limited handset and would go on sale once's the stock was available. Similarly OnePlus is facing the same challenge and so they came up with invite system but on customers feedback now they are adopting the Pre-Order system.

With respect to Spec In my personal opinion OnePlus One is best when compared to Xiaomi Mi3 except for the ppi which is a little less when compared to Mi3 and hardly noticeable. Plus after the rumors of Mi3 pushes your phone data to chinese server has scared me a lot ( I've read Hugo Barra's justification, but still I don't trust ). Almost all of us have rooted our devices with Cyanogenmod and know how good they are.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well these problems should be overcome I'd say before you find more competitors launching similar or better phones. After all I too wish them success.

Well about you and GP_freak are the ones who have mentioned about Cyanogenmod :) Previous mentions have got no response making me think there could not be many phone DIYers on forums flashing better and tweaked ROMs.

Secondly, if you compare price of OnePlus One vs Mi3, I think people would be inclined to buy Mi3 since both are rather alien brands in Indian markets (read newcomers..), and there is only so much a customer would be willing to pay for the Cyanogenmod, which he or she could get anyway for popular phone models with some great hardware specs. The only plus point is this is official and should be much more bug free and tightly integrated since it's specifically developed for the new hardware.
    Don't get me wrong I will buy OnePlus One anyday over the Mi3 if only they price it right with regards competition, some premiums are OK but not too much. VFM counts..!
    Viny and pra.agar like this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    +1,
    And with MI4 coming soon, one plus one will lose majority of its steam and probably would be serving only hobbists.
    When oppo came into existence, it had a lot of followers. But now its in India yet sales dont justify kind of hype it had.

Time and tide waits for none, if you are not there then you are not there ...
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not Many root the phones. Infact, there are only two rooted phones in my office and both are mine. I rooted my S2 after a month and my Mi3 the very day I received.

And you are right, I don't have anything against the 1+1 other than cost. It doesn't offer anything very significantly over Mi3 to carry that extra price tag.
    MI4 also looks Kool. I always liked the design of Iphone and had one for sometime till I dropped it. Now Mi4 will be the best of both the worlds for me. The design I like and the OS I can tweak. Wish these has expandable storage.