1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One Plus One:2014Flagship Killer

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by magnan, Aug 29, 2014.

1. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    I got my One Plus One phone yesterday. As of now it is not shipped to India, so got it by PPO Box.
    Phone cost Rs.24603/- paid via PayPal. PPO Box transit, Custom and insurance Rs.3625/-.
    Received an invite from unknown sender on Independance day and grabbed the chance.
    Phone specifications:
    Basic Parameters

Color Sandstone Black
    Dimensions152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
    Weight5.71 ounces (162 g)
    Operating System CyanogenMod 11S based on Android 4.4
    CPUQualcomm© Snapdragon™ 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPUs
    GPUAdreno 330, 578MHz
    RAM3 GB LP-DDR3, 1866MHz
    Storage 64 GB eMMC 5.0,
    Sensors Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity and Ambient Light
    Battery Embedded rechargeable 3100 mAh LiPo battery
    Size5.5 inch JDI
    Resolution1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI
    TypeLTPS IPS with TOL
    ProtectionCorning© Gorilla© Glass 3
    Sensor 13 Megapixel - Sony Exmor IMX 214
    Lenses 6 lenses to avoid distortion and color aberration
    Flash Dual-LED
    Aperture f/2.0
    Front Camera 5 Megapixel - Distortion free
    Video 4K resolution video with stereo recording Slow Motion: 720p video at 120fp

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    asimpleson, limraj and bharath like this.
  2. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Flip cover and 2 screen protectors are included in phone cost i.e. Rs.24603/-.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Looks sleek and stunning.How about the headset music quality.Is it in the leagues of Sony ? This is the top priority for me ;).
    magnan likes this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thanks for sharing. I did not know there existed a brand called OnePlus.
    Checked their page and read a review on the camera (Camera is my 1st priority).
    It's decent, but not great.

Source : Tech Radar

There's good news and there's bad news when it comes to the OnePlus One's camera. The bad news is that it doesn't take as good pictures as the Samsung Galaxy S5 or the Nokia Lumia 1520.
    Of course, the proof of the camera is in the taking, and my test photos showed up a reasonably capable camera.
    There are annoyances in basic usage, such as the positioning of the lens right at the top of the device, which means you have to hold it in a slightly unnatural pincer grip if you're to avoid getting your fingers in the shot on landscape snaps.

I also picked up on a general sense of sluggishness between pressing the shutter key and the OnePlus One's camera taking the snap, which seems to be attributed to a slightly ponderous auto-focus system.

But the results are quite pleasant. Images taken in good light were sharp, with fairly accurate colours. When focusing on nearby objects, they really tended to pop with detail against the defocused background.

Even daytime indoors shots were decent enough, avoiding that excessively murky and desaturated look that you find on many lesser smartphone cameras.

There's a reasonably effective HDR mode too, though there's a familiar sense of falseness to the resulting pictures, and one or two strange marks on areas of extreme brightness.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Awesome magnan :)
    Do let me know if you have any invites :)
    Although there is rumour that they are going to launch it in India.

Also do you also experienced the famous yellow color issue on screen bottom.
  6. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Thanks Vinay.
    I have no invite as of now.
    Phone is just superb. Have been fumbeling with it for whole day.
    There is no yellow tint at bottom or anywhere in the screen as reported by some users in 1+1 forum.
    Have you registered yourself at 1+1 forum? If not please do. I registered myself in June and forgot. I am not in habit of checking mails daily. On Independance Day, i was at home and checked mail. Wow! There was an invite to my surprise, but phone was not to be shipped to India directly. I talked tom my son who has been to US and Sweden for job assignments but he told me that there is no useful contact for such purpose.Therefore I googled and found PPO Box. Registered myself there, made payment through PayPal and DHL delivered this phone yesterday.
    So I advise you to register yourself now at 1+1. I hope number of invites is going to increase considerably.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks Magnan for the details and extra "A" :)
    I am Viny :D

I am in two mind, whether I should go for this via PO Box route or wait for it to launch in India.
    Secondly Nexus 6 is also on card expected to in a months time with Android L.
  8. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Hi Vinay
    Extra "A"? I could not get it. Please elaborate.
    Nexus 6 must be a good phone but when it will be launched in India?
    Oppo Find 7 should be also a good choice. It has almost same configuration plus expandable memory. It is available for Rs.31000/- at Amazon. Please check and compare with 1+1.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

My Name is "Viny", You keep calling me "Vinay".
    So thanked you for that extra "A" in name :)

Ya I will have to get Nexus 6 from USA.
    Oppo Find 7 makes a lot of sense.
    Some times i feel, Xiaomi has shaken the market very much, so there could be some real good deals coming our way, it Oneplus already had said they will come to India. Given that oppo find7 is for 31k, I am sure the one+ will come in between 18-22k. Which I think would be a good deal, unless Nexus 6 decides to hit under belly.

Interesting days ahead :D
  10. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Oh My God. I am sorry Mr. Viny. Actually, my database(subconscious mind) converted Viny to Vinay unknowingly. Old age takes its toll.
    Will you believe, I drove Punto 355 kms just to get my hands on 1+1 as I was away from home and again 355 kms after one day to get back to work.
    Excitement was too high and I could not resist.
    It is quite different from my Samsung Mega 6.3 and it will take some days to reach its soul.
    Btw its AnTuTu benchmark ranking is 47773.

Wish you interesting Good Days ahead with your choicest mobile.:)