1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One more Weekend - one more project - Bottle Holder :)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As all of you are aware and must have missed sorely at some point, there is no decent bottle holder in the FIAT cars. The small cup holders beneath the ACC console can at best hold very small espresso shots - typical Italian. Even a can of coke or a small 500ml bottle will be a tight squeeze, not to mention will come in the way of gear shifts.

DIY to the rescue. As per my norms, the solution had to be without needing any permanent modifications. Had some more of the ABS strips I had bought for making the tablet holder, so fabricated a bottle holder, that clips on to the central console and can hold up to a 1 litre bottle. As usual, FIAT stickers, just for kicks :D

WP_000218.jpg

WP_000219.jpg

WP_000220.jpg

WP_000222.jpg

WP_000223.jpg

PS: The rubber lining both for this one and the tablet holder came from a old mouse pad :D
    Rajan
  2. Gud job brother :dance
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bottle holder is very nice.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please change your nickname to 'InnovationBoy'. Indeed good one. :D
    4 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks guys.

The nick I use was given to me by my Australian colleagues :D. I was responsible for patches and hotfixes and I was also the oldest, hence the nick :D

The more I work with ABS, the more I am liking the versatility of the material. Making the curved bit was really a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Bottle holder is super! so superlike :)
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    indeed a great one! Kudos! :)
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Patch boy, some one should keep those abs plastics out of your sight :p you are gettin too innovative...
    I guess thats the clamp left over after you changed the tablet mount's design to be simple one, isnt it?
    tasting the Italian delight!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My wife agrees with you :D

Nope. You guessed wrong. The original clamp is still intact. I have more ABS with me :D :D

Rajan