1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One more punto on the street

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by madcrazyboys, Nov 28, 2013.

1. madcrazyboys

madcrazyboys Timido

bangalore
    hi all, me arun from bangalore. and just took delivery of my black punto 90hp from kht fiat caffe in bangalore.

First impression at watching one at upclose and owning is awesome... impression on the road is, well a bit slow :) - had palio 1.6 100hp pertrol for 2 years and got used the speed and surge :)
    Rest is good.

Though had couple of cars before, not a car expert and this is my first new car.
    going to chennai from bangalore tomorrow, SO any advice on what to look for and maintain for a new car would be great :)
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats Arun :) Show us some pics mate. Of the S10 as well.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Arun on Punto 90hp HHB Beast.show some pics of your new Punto 90hp HHB & also S10's pics.
    Keep her within 120 kmph speed & drive sedately under 2.5k rpm
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Arun,

Congratulations on the 90HP scorcher and welcome to the forum. Since this is an introduction forum , do let us know something more about you apart from owning a Punto.

As Nadeem right said, drive sedately, keep the rpms within the run in limits. Most importantly enjoy the drive safely.
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats... wish u happy miles and safe driving...
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Arun, Congratulations for your HH Punto I am also happy to see more and more FIAT's on road
  7. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats, so it was your car that i saw outside KHT yesterday. I observed your car because i am taking the delivery of my 90hp HHB today.
    I noticed that the car didn't have the accessory pack which is offered this month. did you negotiate with them to get the price discount instead of the accessory pack?
  8. madcrazyboys

madcrazyboys Timido

bangalore
    i booked the car last month and no idea about the accessory pack offer o_O only discount i got was 15000, which i think is common for all and loyalty bonus of 45000 for owning a palio before.

one thing i want to mention is, coming from ikon and palio, reversing view in punto seems very very less(atleast for me). couldnt see much in back, and so while reversing hit a car(in a public car parking and no one noticed :-s ) in its front and got few minor scratches in the back :) - after a wash 90% of scratches are gone and no scratch is visible until keenly noticed. As i am always much interested in the working dynamics of a machine and do like a machine with a few scratches(yes, i am bit old school it that area), i aint worried about it.

I mentioned it mainly because, all that happened to punto was a few scratches and that too were invisible now. But there was a small dent in the front bumper of that car o_O and that too that car(dont want to mention the make n model) is currently an active competitor in punto segment. Just show how strong and sturdy the punto is :)
  9. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good thing that you didn't have to pay for the accessories pack, everything other than the reverse parking sensor provided in the pack is worthless.
    I mean one of the mudflaps in my 2 days old car came of today morning.
    the map my India device provided is junk( a basic smart phone in range of 10k performs better than this crap)
    mats and other stuff doesn't feel premium
    absolute badging provided means nothing as the car looks gorgeous even without that one.
  10. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    First of all many congratulation Arun for your punto..

yes I also opt for 12.5k discount against absolute pack..As i have samsung note + Nexus tab so navigation not a problem..will buy a reverse parking sensor...