1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One more 90hp on the street :)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by madcrazyboys, Dec 6, 2013.

1. madcrazyboys

madcrazyboys Timido

bangalore
    hi all, me arun and recently got my black punto 90hp delivered and its been two weeks and clocked 1100kms.
    so thought of writing a review on my experience.
    me not a good writer, so bear with me :)

pre script: i had a palio 1.6 gtx 100hp pertrol 2007 version, for last 2 years. loved it awesome power and stability. what i mean is, i learnt driving in that car and my first drive in that car itself is a long run from bang to madurai and after a while i felt no one was overtaking and looked at the speedo and realized i was doing 155 and from inside you could feel nothing. not even a single jerk, steering vibration, no nothing. I may be wrong, but i feel like of all the fiat-indian cars, palio is what i find to be the strongest. grandfather had a padmini and uno.
    and not a single accident it in :)

decided punto very long time ago, but due to financial constraints waited for sometime for down payment n then comes polo gt tdi. took a test drive and they allowed me to drive for 5kms and man what a car. extreme stability, extreme power at all the ranges, great suspension, one could feel the german compulsion for meticulous design . in my view, POLO GT TDI would undoubted the best hatch on road, hands down. though it was 10lk on road, i decided to buy it.
    but then changed mind, coz everyone said their ASS was one of the worst.

first, likes for why i chose it:
    > usual suspects: stunning looks, less punto on road
    > competing features: abs, ebd, 90hp, very strong build(already hit two cars and i ended up with is, almost invisible scratches and dent on the other cars), mileage, bluetooth audio and call streaming(bluenme sucks just like windows, but call streaming saves a lot of hassle).
    > fiats own service centers and i found their service to be way better than most others including hyundai(3rd party service centers seems to good) and volkswagen. still, cannot beat maruti.

now the short review,
    what i liked:
    > coming from palio 100hp pertrol, one could feel the complete lack of or utter crawling in the 2nd gear from 1-2k rpm. i mean, how floored the acc pedal is, the car is like "u gotta do wat u gotta do, i gotta do wat i gotta do". nothing moves. one could very easily understand Einstein's RELATIVE Theory. but thn again, i think after 1000km, i got adjusted to it and the time between 1-2k rpm, is the time i take to think abt how beautiful bangalore traffic is.
    > havnt crossed 110kph / 2.5k rpm, so still dont know what lies ahead of those rpm. but can say that, the moment it touches 2k, could feel myself thrown back the seat as the car just surges like a rocket.
    > ONE OF THE BEST PART: utter stability. poth holes, mud road, bumps, rarely roads between poth holes, sharp turn at 100, extreme braking, etc. the car just kept going no matter wat and from inside, everything is stable.
    > climate control. dono whether its the best, but works very well for me.
    > high beam, i find it really good(i would still need more strong light) for a stock.
    > me n most of my frnds are 5.6 - 5.9. may be becoz of that, i dono. i find the car to be EXTREMELY SPACIOUS. frnds hav been saying, rear seats are the best place to sit as it more spacious.
    > large boot.
    > ok ok speakers
    > good driver seat view. i find, in car side view for driver to be little cramped but the front view is large.
    > left foot rest
    > seats and fabric material. dono abt others, but makes me comfort.

now wat i dont like: am not very peculiar about everything had to be perfect, but do expect some class and workmanship when done.

> hav anyone noticed, wen u put ur rite arm on the door arm rest, the immediate door windows switches u can access are the rear window ones. for driver sear windows u have to lean fwd, atleast i hav to. maybe coz i am 5'6. but thn again, i believe most indians are 5'7 by the avg and the arm length are almost same for most of that height and most had to be facing that issue. i believe they decided this by inky pinky ponky. else, one cld not have come up with this decision. the italians are playing a practical joke on us.
    > no good back view. reversing is a pain if i had to do it by looking at the rear window. its very small. i know its a design, but i find it hard as i used to reverse by looking at the back.
    > difference between the closes view in the rear view mirrors. i mean, things that look at the center review mirror seems very close whereas from the side review view mirrors seem to show ok distance.
    > provide only one 12v power outlet for a premium hatch, and make it inaccessible by putting it beneath the handbrake. i dono, may be for safety like "we want to use it only when the hand brake is engaged".

nothing more... below are the things i found to be interesting n like and dono whether any one else noticed.
    > from the driver side dashboard, i get this weird sound. in tamil we call it as "kolusu", below is a link for it. wen u shake it, u get sme sound. am kinda getting it from the dashboard when i go thru poth holes or bad road.
    dono, may be the italians are getting onto our culture and making a intercultural statement.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CXn2y5B1Ra0/S-9PZZppsgI/AAAAAAAAEyE/RuOlfUv8udk/s1600/DSC_0020.JPG

> the idle rpm stays sharp at 900rpm. ever noticed this. 1st, 2nd 3rd gear, uphill down hill, doesnt matter. it doesnt hover between 500-900 or something like that, but sharp at 900. even when moving from standstill without gas, it jus stays at 900.

thats all :)

am not an expert at car mechanics rather am a enthusiastic driver.
    so having done 1k kms, can go beyond 2.5k rpm / 110 kph. and what else shd i look for.

P.S: NOT KIDDING, i have already bought a hammer and seriously considering a blow to the BLUEnME unit.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats on bringing Punto 90hp home buddy,one more Punto 90hp HHB on streets of bangalore & in TFI.
    Punto in Black looks Hot,Sexy & Awesome.
    Nice review.
    About dashboard sound gt it checked at service centre,our car also makes sound from dashboard just same like yours which is due for service next month.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  3. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have to agree with you on Blue N me, one cannot use that junk to even play Music from an android phone let alone audio book, what were they thinking while designing the system. I mean i have linked my phone to my cousin's Figo and used the Bluetooth option extensively. despite of the voice command option Blue N me doesn't feel great.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Arun,

Seriously, such language cannot be excused. Please take care before posting such unparliamentary words. Suggest you to request mods to delete the words. Sorry I am not daddying you.

Congratulations on bringing home the Punto. Now ownership review is complete with the usual set of pictures, so take some time and post them.

Surprising to know that you are averse to the usage of Blue n me. I find it very useful. Suggest to read the BnMe manual once before you start ranting about it. If you find the reversing a pain, then install the rear parking sensors. Will make your life easier. Regarding the IVRM & OVRM its just taking time to get used to it. Pray please tell me why would you need more than one 12V socket.

Happy mile crunching and drive sensibly and safey.
    2 people like this.
  5. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    +1 to that Ghodlur. Using abusive words on a matured forum like this is not a good thing to follow no matter how much ever you are frustrated. Punto 90 Hp is not a new car to the market and a person buying that should be well aware of its pros and cons before buying it rather than complaining about each and every aspect of car. Till date I have not faced any issues with Blue&Me, may be because my usage is absolutely normal just for taking calls and reading out messages and I use a windows phone to pair it with.

As mentioned by Ghodlur, No ownership review is complete without a set of pictures added to it. Happy puntoing
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    madcrazyboys,

Congratulations on your Punto. Regarding the language used - consider this as the first and last warning. Another instance of such childish language will not be tolerated on TFI.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Hi Nadeem,

I am also getting the same noise in the car but it goes for a while and again it comes back... not sure about the noise is it from the wheels or from the AC vents... Also took my vehicle to the service center but as soon as i reached there the noise stopped and came back with a sad face... Planning to visit the service center on Saturday and hopefully get the issue diagnose by the service center.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Hi Arun congratulations and warm welcome to TFI .
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Blue and me is just designed for that, for playing music you have USB and CD player. I don't question their ability to build a unit like figo!! If they have designed like this there is a reason to it.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  10. ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com

ashish.r.shinde@gmail.com Amatore

Vadodara , Nashik
    Vadodara , Nashik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats Arun... 90 hp is really a fun to drive ... post pics soon.