1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

one month review (EDIT - 3 months review added)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by srinivaschandalada, Dec 17, 2010.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    My punto is just one month old and has clocked 1563 kms.I am giving you my review as follows.
    - very short first gear, but i am not complaining.
    -i felt the car is faster than my cousins 2009 september emotion pack punto.i felt it lighter and very close to the pick up of my friends swift diesel.
    - my R.C shows the cars weight as 1130 kgs,against my cousins 1190 kgs.
    - My cousin gets a milage of 16 to 17 in local driving conditions where as i am getting a milage of 17 to 18 kmpl.
    - My punto has apollo acceler tyres whereas my cousins has goodyear.His system sounds sharper than mine and on close observation i found no sound from the tweeters.I will get this rectified when i go for my 3000 kms checkup.
    -the swift was faster up to the 80 km mark and after that my punto which was just half a body length alongside the swift took off like a bullet and the swift had to bite my dust.My friend says his swift is not a car for the 100 plus mark with very poor braking an wobbling after the 100kmph mark.the only area swift was better was the milage,which was just 1 km more.But i dont want to travel in a coffin that gives better milage.
    -i was supposed to get my car with film fitted by the dealer,but on that day it was raining ,so the dealer told me he will do the filming at first servicing.He also warned me not to get the film done at ancessories shops unless they are experienced.But since i like 200 kms away from the dealer in a smaller city, i very foolishly got the filming done at my place.three of the doors are fine,but a rattling has started from one of the doors.
    - i just love my car.it is a head turner.People driving skoda fabias,swifts,vistas and other sedans keep askng me questions regarding handling,milage etc.My neighbour has just bought his grey emotion pack diesel.
  2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Short sweet and to the point and you've essentially made a comapro of everything that people wanted to hear about . The title should be a lil different though . COmparison between 2009 and 2010 . Srinu want to see more points though ....
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Congrats on the car
    Did you got sun film installed by removing door trims. (Sun filming can be done without removing them)
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats. How about adding a few pics? ::T
  5. 1130 is correct weight of Punto, FIAT has reduced Punto's weight recently AFAIK.
    Pick-up and mileage both improve when weight is less.
    FIAT used to give goodyear, in my March Linea i got goodyear even T-JET comes with goodyears no idea about Punto though.
    Take it to TASS they will fix rattling should be due to some padding getting loose.

Enjoy your Punto 7 Happy motoring !!!
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    srinivas , congratulations for the new ride.and wishing you a happy and safe experience with it.

no offence _
    regarding the swift ,are you kidding everybody knows about gear ratios and acceleration issues of punto where swift and vista is far better . hope the guy driving swift was of some good calibre

but for the ride,safety and comfort there is no hatback in india to compete with our very own punto
  7. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    3 months report and bad tempers

Its been three months since my baby arrived, she has clocked 4347 kms to date. My love for her is growing with every kilometer.I have attached pictures of my beauties in my intro "My love for fiat" please check them out.The milage has increased to 19.4 kmpl in 55 : 45 ,local highway driving conditions. 50 % of the roads i travel are full with craters which she takes in her stride.There are no problems with the car except the faint rattle from the front left door which started on the second day when i foolishly got the filming done at my town where they are not well versed with fiat.
    I have got used to the customary thud from the back tyres when she goes over a sharp breaker or pothole. Recently i went on a holy trip with the car fully loaded with 5 adults. I thought she would not be able to do the steep ghats on fourth gear like my old cars the Uno ( 1.7liters) and my palio 1.9 D which even did the ghats on fifth. To my surprise she was comfortable on fourth but a little bit doubtful on the fifth.
    I keep getting queries from fellow car owners regarding cost, mileage etc etc. I noticed that the queries have increased after fiat had appointed a new dealer and service center at a B class city around 55 kms from my place. I have also noticed the increasing number of fiats on the roads. In the past two weeks or so i saw 4 new lineas an 2 puntos. One of the punto was a dynamic and the other a active :dancing.I happened to drive a brand new polo of my neighbour, it comes close on looks, beats punto in plastic and beading quality not that punto is bad, miles behind in performance and features, and close behind in comfort and sturdiness and safety. But my neighbour says the punto is miles ahead in all departments, he told me his wife had forced him to buy a polo :hit .
    Day before on the 25 th of feb 2011, a normally dormant volcano named srinivas erupted in kakinada when some @@**###__**@@@^^^###**--- scratched his parked car with a sharp object :firey . I could see the metal of the car at many places. At that particular moment had i found that kid i would have murdered him :punch .The sctatch was not in one place but it was in a full circle around the car. I tried to find the joker who did this. I was told by some duffers ( who saw it happen but did nothing to stop it) that it was a school boy with a compass ,the one we used to draw circles with in our school days. I went to the nearby municipal school and made some queries,but of no avail. I think it was the same group of idiotic kids who drew circles all over my white bolero a few months back with a marker pen ,which were removed by rubbing polish which left the paint lighter at some places.
    I was hurt to see my car like that.I went to a workshop which had a full fledged paint booth.They applied rubbing polish but only 60 % of the scratches were gone, he tried to cover the deeper scratches with a thin paint brush ,but it was no good, it meant my three month old car had to be painted. I thought such things only happen to red, black, blue and bright coloured cars but never to a white car. I guess my beauty had caught the eye of some jerk. The paint job set me back by Rs. 5100.
    I have attached some pictures of my car during and after treatment.I have also attached a picture of a new EMC of a VW polo. The polo has been grounded since 20 days after clocking 2400 kms only due to a faulty EMC. The EMC costs 65000 odd. :thumbs down .

Idiotic maid servant dents car ,25-2-2011.jpg

Idiotic maid servant dents car ,25-2-2011 (2).jpg

After paint work,in popular auto,26-2-2011 (2).jpg

After paint work,in popular auto,26-2-2011.jpg

8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Re: 3 months report and bad tempers

I think even bosch charges premium to VW :p (that sounds around 10-15% value of the car)
    Same company manufactures ECU for FIAT too. I to got one replaced for free on the name of AC cooling upgrade :D