1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One hell of a Point _ Punto MJD 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ENKI, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's not like i have been robbed & not left with eatables for dinner tonight but it makes me feel like :confused:. I checked bill for 2nd service today. I have been charged for 3-4 different labour jobs for regular maintenance. I would spare the brake pad replacement considering that people may carry it beyond 30000 KMs which is out of 3rd & final free service & not regular maintenance. There shouldn't be other labour charges else what the hell "Free Service means"?? I paid the amount as i was in a hurry.

Can someone experienced suggest on this if i am misleading myself?? Pls confirm it & i will surely take it back. The final labour amount is hidden under TFI watermark but it's charged as Rs. 1586.61. The total payable amount came as Rs. 9961.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Enki can you please confirm what is item no 9. Lubricants are generally topped up free of cost. Point 10 seems to be standard battery check (mostly they could have topped up battery fluid /recharged) & some dealers may charge for that . Again point 11 some dealers are doing it free of cost . I was not charged for wheel alignment. The other charges are ok . For me they have charged for 3.5 litres of oil & for you it is 3.7. I am not sure which is correct. I think dealer has the right to decide whether to charge or not for several things.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ok Cinju, fair enough.
    But they didn't do any topping as i was present during servicing.
    They have simply charged for "checking" lubricants level which i would excuse as labour cost.
    It seems ok to me now, thanks!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    wheel alignment at free of cost :eek:
    @my place(TASS) they charge about 450.

for Car lubricant 400 INR and battery check 100 INR they have charged more!
    may be they have compensated the charges for your personal attendance for the service at the shop floor and having free training ! ;) :D
  5. @ganges..Yes they dont charge for it at TASS during during free servicing.....only thing is in some case you need to bargain with them for it...
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ganges, it holds a good lesson believe me. It wasn't like i was concentrated on my car only, i was wandering here n there in search of water.... errrrr:A... i mean inspecting other vehicles too.

15 vehicles with 15 different issues & 15 different solutions under implementation, one will get to know a lotsa things. That's why i advised you too to ensure your presence.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Most TASS charge 450 for wheel alignment . They can also do it FOC. Again for the top up thing ENKI was charged 400 where as generally they do it as part of free servicing. So lesson learned is service centres are flexible enough to charge you the way they wont as long as we dont question them :hit
  8. sungoa2010

Enki, All filters,oil,are chargeable. But labour cost for all items that is included in free service should be free. If they add weight in balancing it is chargeable. But they cannot charge for labour cost. They should not charge for item 11. Standard check for battery should be charged. Infact that should be checked in Exide battery shop. TASS has no business to charge for it. Item 9 is again a cheating. Still they can argue that it can be chargeable. They usually apply grease on door and some spray on window gaps(for smooth movement of glass) Brake pad is the main culprit. One reason for the early change may be your high speed driving style. Still brake pad should have covered under warranty. They don't have any uniform policy. If you press hard they might have included it in warranty. I don't understand why all the car companies call it as free service. Only labour charge is free.

How is the punto running now? Is it again come back to form:p
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The last 3 items should be free of cost. You have been Rs. 950 in excess. Refer the 2nd service bill for my Linea which I have posted in my ownership log.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Standard Checks should not be charged as far as I know. You can excuse them for the Standard battery check (which was not billed or probably not done in my second service). I am not sure about the wheel alignment cause it was FOC in the first service and in the second I have asked them not to do it as I wanted to get it done outside.