1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One hell of a Point _ Punto MJD 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ENKI, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Guys,
    Check the final consolidation. The first four drifts are just smoking Hot & Tyre roasting.

To sum up the video,
    1. Tried to manage 180 deg. spin with in the road width of 20-25 feet & max. run of 250 Mtrs. Well not 100% but it's more than satisfactory & around 90-95%. Any one can manage that 180 deg spin on any Maruti/Hyundai &30-40 kmph. Punto almost frustrated me with it's grip!! Did ABS & EBD interfered here?
    Does ABS-EBD work in case of "Handbrakes & skids which are not due to Brake Pedal"? Pls enlighten, i felt it must have.

2. Two High speed drifts & maintained over LONG Hops intentionally. There is nothing special here, i give full credit to Punto. Just wanted to check it's max limit & ended up with Punto checking my limit. The road just ended & i reached till the edge of the field, but Punto still has the last laugh:(.

3. Some of the sharp turns & 180 deg spin in reverse gear. I ended up achieving say 160 deg. It's Punto's fault here. It doesn't go over 40 while reversing. I accept the critic for Punto being lethargic .......but in the reverse gear!

4. Lastly & most importantly, loved those sharp U-Turns in Punto. It's ecstasy while you take a flat 180 deg U-Turn@90kmph, straighten it's nose with the handbrake & power out@ 70 Kmph. Wait, i said something.... Entering a flat 180 deg. U-Turn@90kmph & leaving it over 70 kmph. While Gliding at a U-turn, This thing will spit on face of Chinese/Korean stuff & just disappear. The balance is absolutely ridiculous. Too bad i couldn't manage a video but promise to deliver asap.

This car is a dream machine. I don't mean any disrespect to MJD but Punto simply fares better if you compare these state of arts CAR & Engines. P for Punto, P for Power. Give us more!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Could not view the video. It is displayed as private..
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hi Srini, Pls use below link. The video is updated but the same is pending with Mods for approval.
    It's Pubic.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ENKI,
    Any heaven point left in punto. :)
    Saw the driftng video awesum.ultimate.gr8.next time we want in HD.
    Gues during ths driftng you might have done study about ABS with EBD. How EBD goes with ABS during drifting ?
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    ENKI bhai great show. As ganges pointed out, next time we prefer it in HD :steering.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Cinju, Done!! Obviously a still video Camera would have made it look completely different, instead of a SONY CYBERSHOT:hit.
    Also these new sticky-stock Good Year's doesn't help at all. Car needs to work harder & harder because the grip they have:A. Any suggestions on this front?
    I am thinking about purchasing some 2nd hand low grip tires & keep them for this purpose only.
    Let's make hay before the sun is out. This road won't be blocked forever so make the best out of it:dancing.

@Mods: Kindly approve my post pending with you. Everything was done according to TFI's guidelines (Blocked out road with no traffic in vicinity without putting safety/security at stake at all). There are a few inputs in that message that i wanted to bring to TFI's . So if you don't mind, that is TFI's property:smile:. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Nope, Ganges. I was hell bent to get something out of it.
    I want our expert babies like Gurjinder to comment on ABS/EBD part. If ABS/EBD kicks in during

1. hand-braking &
    2. skids due to immediate steering

should i take the fuse out? Will it help? I don't want to Google it as that would be related to international Punto's & not tailor made Punto-90HP for India. I feel it should. Why? Whenever Punto was unpredictable, It yielded results to the positive side. For eg. when i made an intentional move to loose traction & expecting it eagerly, it didn't loose:confused:. Where-as not even 1 predictability on -ve side was noticed.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Dear Mods, Kindly favor. Pls replace all the video links provided earlier & replace with the below. Thanks in advance:
    Punto 90HP Drift.avi - YouTube

@TFIians: The project in development stage:
    How the world looks like when seen from inside a drifting Punto 90HP:boxer (a camera inside a Punto).
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ENKI bhai, sliding around isn't drifting. My two cents - Prevent these extra stresses on the Punto.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol, So you hardly get the point. Just like my Haryanvi speaking Friend, What the hell is this??
    Pls refer the Pic how this drifting (errrr.. skidding) will manage a turn that defies physical laws of turning radius. Regular turn can't manage it during a lap & one will be kicked out with taunting laughter's all around him. My Punto is gonna live as much as your Linea & without a single scratch. Now, trust me the difference between a skidding & drifting is much as the difference between an Internet Enthusiast & vehicle enthusiast, you need a vision to spot it:rolleyes:.
    Pic.JPG
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Every view is sacred & unique because only beholder can have it among the Zillions of lifeforms around!!
    I am sure, the near-by plants had their view on this.
    Let's not put a bottom line to anything because it's not the wish of Creator of all:p!