1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One hell of a Point _ Punto MJD 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ENKI, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

@Gurjinder: Got you there!! Below excerpt is from Wikipedia.

The second generation Ford Ka uses 1.3 Multijet named as Duratorq TDCi

JTD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Gurjinder, Some more information to highlight from the same page.

JTD/MultiJet engine Manufacturer
    Fiat Group/General Motors
    Maruti Suzuki
    Tata-Fiat JV

(Also called
    CDTi (Opel)
    TiD/TTiD (Saab)
    DDiS (Suzuki)
    D (Cadillac)
    Quadra-Jet (Tata)

Production 1997–present
    Displacement 1.3 L 1248 cc
    1.6 L 1598 cc
    1.9 L 1910 cc (OLD MJD-1/CTDI-1)
    2.0 L 1956 cc (MJD-2)
    2.4 L 2387 cc
    Cylinder block alloy cast-iron
    Cylinder head alloy aluminium alloy
    Turbocharger Single or twinturbo
    Fuel type Diesel
    Cooling system Water cooled
    Power output 51 kW (70 PS) -154 kW (210 PS)

Actually GM has been calling 1910 CC MJD-1 as their 2.00 Ltr CTDI both giving 150 PS (a downgraded version of 1910 CTDi at 120 bhp was sold in optra magnum. They have just put a bigger turbocharger for Cruze to make 150 Ps, engine is still old 1910 cc)

Now logical evolution of Multijet -1 (1910 cc) to Multijet -2 (1956 Cc with 8 injectors now against the 5 injectors ), FIAT is also calling it 2.00 Ltr MJD-2 (170 bhp).
    While GM is still using the Multijet stage-1 (CTDI-1) with old 148 PS in cruze. but They are also using MJD-2 (CTDI-2) in Europe for OPEL though. FIAt couldn't keep the MJD-2 away from VM Motori because of the clause of the pact.

It's marry go round actually, You will end up at the same place where you started initially ;)

Thanks for this interesting discussion. take care.
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

My above comments regarding the 1.4 tdci still hold true.

As for the Cruze engine, it is not a 1910cc engine, but a 1991cc engine. So, it's not the 1.9 JTD either. Even the Optra uses this 1991cc engine. So, i really have no idea why you stress that this engine is a FIAT Multijet. It's not.

We have already done much injustice to this thread by the offtopic posts, so if you want to continue this discussion, kindly PM me and i will move all the OT posts to a relevant thread.

3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

I Agree... Coz, i was able to touch steady 175Kmph with full loaded luggage in the boot and 5 adults in the car... Steady like stand stilll
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Guys, Punto 90 HP is cracking, hoot & pure fun to drive.
    Check out video of my 90HP with some interesting stuff.
    I regret the the shaking quality of video but a coverage with lesser shaking & a better session is promised soon.
    Keep the sound max. at your system to hear that screeching music,
    Hope you like the stuff...:drinks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The Haryanvi speaking guy summed it up pretty nicely - "Yo key kar reha hai" ( What is he doing?) " ::D
  6. sungoa2010

ENKI thanks for the piece of music.There is no traffic and looks like the road is your punto research lab:p
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gurjinder, I am fortunate that my friend was conservative with his comments yesterday. He is horrible sometimes!! you never know what he can come up with. Absolutely crazy.

Sungoa, This is newly developed sector-9 in this part of Bahadurgarh NCR. The flyover & access road are still under progress, so it is blocked for daily use. What else one could ask for, 90 HP, good empty stretch of 2 Km with a big square right in the middle. The clip is still half prepared & better stuff is still to be incorporated, 4 more scenes to be added.
    I was very tired yesterday so could complete it last night. A few observations:

1. Man!! Punto is driver's car & plays in it's own box. No comparison pls.
    2. It's like a sailing boat while drifting, not out of control for a millisecond, even When completely steered@NA speed & tract back so ridiculously like there was no situation. Driver could feel easily overconfident & make a mistake.
    3. Very hard to drift simply because have make some serious attempts to convince wild cat to loose traction for a few moments. It can make you beg. Had quite a few cramps in ribcage & neck feeling very stiff but I just love this stuff.
    4. Utterly underpowered with this 90 HP. Don't get me wrong though. 90 HP is more than enough for cruising/purposeful driving in India. But when you want to test it's limitations, 90 HP no where teases it. Punto doesn't even care. I bet, with 1.4 Multiair 135 HP, this thing can do stuff that will make C/D-segment cars to drop their jaws. At least a 1.6 MJD is required to bring out the true potential.
    5. One Dezire guy stopped on the other side of the road to see what the hell these people are doing. He watched us for 15-20 mins & drove back as my friend told me. Later on when we were returning home, the guy was standing near a Crane instructing something to the Crane operator in anger. Crane was trying to lift his Dezire which was hanging on 2 parallel dividers. We saw the nearby tread marks & god.....he tried to practice with a Dezhhhhhire.
    Dezzzhhhhire was not a CAR but a CAAAARRRR::V.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    6 people like this.
  8. @ENKI, enjoyed every post of yours. Thanks for sharing.

He tried those stuff in his Dejire??? Maybe he needs some advice from teky ;)
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

More than power punto needs a much better gear box to bring out its true capabilities. Even 1.3/1.4 can grill the competitors.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thats what we say Never Ever Mess up with FIAT.