1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

One bad day.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nitinkumardba, Jan 14, 2011.

1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys 27th morning came as a bad day in my life.

Due to some urgency, I had to travelled to my native Moradabad from Delhi. Its was a foggy day. I left from my residence at 6 AM. I had to finish my work and come back by 6:30 PM.

I travelled with my dad on co-driver seat, wife and my son on rear seat. It was hard to drive due to much fog. As I touched N.H. 24, I saw a Innova going towards Moradabad. I noticed that this car was moving with good sense of driving hence started following him. After around 80 kms, one Indigo came from behind and over took both of us, me and Innova. I noticed that this fellow kept headlights and blinkers off. I was following Innova which was following this Indigo now.

I told my dad that this Indigo may get a hit as he is not using lights\blinkers. I was not aware that after some kms my words will cross reality.

After around 5 kms, There was a left diversion on the road due to flyover construction on the road. Indigo drive could not see this and banged into a stone wall. Innova drive applied brakes with full power but slipped on some construction materiel\dust\small bajri and banged into Indigo very badly. I applied brakes in same manner and try to turn left but very unfortunately found a Maruti 800 on my left hence I had to go straight with fully applied brakes, my Punto also slipped due to same reason. I was in a condition , 800 on left , divider on right and Innova on front. I pulled my hand brakes also but I had to hit Innova and that too at speed at around 40-50 kph.

There was no injury to my family and all of us were perfectly fine inside the cabin. I try to get down but driver side could open little bit only as it touched fender.
    So I came out from other side. I saw that my bumper had a major hit, right front headlight was damaged, dents on bonnet and right fender. There was no visible damage inside engine cabin. No leakage from anywhere. All electrical was working fine. I called up Mr. Sharma, GM of Elegant Cars and discussed about the condition of my car. He gave me a go ahead, I moved towards Moradabad and handed over my car for repair on 29th after covering 300 kms.

Punto gave a solid damaged to Innova as well. Something unexpected to Innova with addition steel bumper by a hatchback.

I got my car back today. Total bill was around Rs. 25000 which does not include painting cost, not sure why. I had to pay only Rs 595.

Both headlights, both grills, front bumper and condenser was replaced. I am really happy as work done by Elegant is just excellent. Colour matching is very good however they had to repaint due to matching issue in first attempt.

I can say that it was a Fiat car who saved us from more damage and protected us. Had a bad day but with good and safe vehicle.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

really really sorry to hear about the accident Nitin. The best thing outta all this, the family is perfectly fine. Now the car is fine as well. Hope everything has worked out well.

The only thing i would say is, in future, just let these kinda people go and fade away in distance. Not worth puting nything in risk. Maintain a much longer distance (than necessary) at high speeds, speciallly at highways.

Hope ur fit and fine. TC
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Sorry to know about the accident. Anyway good to know that every thing is fine now. God bless!
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Actually I did not want to lost that Innova and to take charge in fog. Thats why I was following him. But due to bad luck there was some material on the road otherwise that distance was safe to stop at that speed.

Anyway, my car is back and looks like 100% fit. My 2 years 9 months old son is really happy. We use to talk about Punto like she is live family member, like she takes bath, she sleeps, she drinks petrol etc etc....
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Any ways forget all and start the new day,
    Gud to hear that your family is fine, and thanks god,
    You also have your car back now,
    Drive safe and keep safe Distance,
    Happy Motoring with PUNTO
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Dnt worry, alls well that ends well. Thats a really sweet touch that ur son is happy with the family member back with 100% health ::T
  7. Hey Nitin, God bless you, your family and car! Good to know that you guys did not suffer any injury. Thanks to your Punto for the same!

Surprising to know that Punto causes damage to Innova which I was thinking to be well built. Anyways wish you safe and happy driving!