1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Old Punto 90hp or new punto dynamic 75hp?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by abhinavkalra2006, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Naturally, you would have driven a very new test drive car in 2012 model and some what bashed one for 2011. I own a July manufactured 90 HP and test drove the 75 HP 2012 model. Not much difference other than increased GC which I was advocating is not required for Punto.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My friend had test driven i20 asta and punto active in 2009(electric blue) on same day. Our first test drive was on punto and next came i20. He told that after sitting in Punto
    he is not getting attracted towards i20. He hasn't red any review about fiat and what comes from his mind was the first impression that he got from both.
    Punto had always attracted me from both inside and out side. Just before buying a punto I had visited hyundai showroom to have a look at i20. It again didn't attracted me. I always got an elevated feeling after entering Punto which was missing in other cars.

I have taken Punto from Goa to kerala and I havn't faced any problem regarding ground clearance.If we are careful then there is no problem about ground clearence.
    I always slow down before climbing hump. Never tried with taking it over a hump without slowing down.

I feel one should go for 90 HP with the current discount. There is also a chance that fiat may come with an option of upgrading the ground clearance(a guess).
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    guys just came across this thread. One member "sarswift" of this forum has taken the delivery of 2012 manufactured 90hp model(tuscan wine) and he says its with increased GC of 185 mm .

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched - Page 47 - Team-BHP

See the 1st post of the page in the above link . I dont know the credentials of this guy but he has written it very confidently.

So I think the best option would be to get a 2012 manufactured 90hp . Power+ increased GC. But do check out thoroughly from showroom because its a bit confusing!! Note that it is not a 2012-90hp "model" but a 2012 "manufactured" 90hp model !!
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  4. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    My choice would be 90 HP PUNTO.
  5. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    I would say go for Punto Dynamic 75hp 2012 version. Recently i went for a test drive on Punto 2012, the first thing i observed was Clutch way smooth than my 90hp and the response it got from peddling accelerator was tremendous I almost felt the same punch as my 90hp :) but again 90hp performance above 100+ is better than 75hp. If you drive mostly in traffic conditions and go for occasional long drives then I would suggest you go for Punto 2012 Dynamic as I find it is total VFM. The ground clearance is big advantage on new punto as one can drive with peace of mind even on most uneven roads or potholes(accidentally) without slowing down, you wont feel that bump, the suspension takes it all and sounds very smooth unlike my 90hp. I heard from sales executive that Turbo blades in 75hp went from 8 blade to 12 blade in new one. Final call is yours. All the best for Happy Punto'ng.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New Punto 2012:up
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Now my vote goes to 2012 Punto and if possible go for 2012Punto Emotion.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    There is 2012 90 HP available with increased GC. somebody has already taken delivery on Team BHP. Where is the confusion/
  9. Hey thanks everyone....yes i cross-checked with 5 dealers after going thru the team-bhp link & 3 of them told me that 2012 90hp is available:D , with a waiting period of 10-15 days (though Fiat Sales Helpline is still clueless about it!). Though it will cost me 50K more than the 2011 version, am still going ahead with it. I drive from Punjabi Bagh to Gurgaon everyday via Ring Road & NH-8 (37 km one way) & think 90hp caters to my needs the most. Regarding the colour choice, going ahead with the safest option i.e. Bossa Nova white. Feedback & suggestions are most welcome:)

Shall keep you posted...

Thanks again!
  10. sorry for being of topic, but abhinav, why do you consider BNW as the safest option?