1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Old Linea v/s New 2014 Linea Mind v/s Heart comparing it

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinisini, Apr 9, 2014.

1. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

Chennai
    I m sorry I didn;t make it clear. I'm talking about the replacement new Linea...It is my general observation that Linea can do better in the head dept. I am considering AM projector lamps for the new Linea I am planning. Having said , advise on options 1,2,3, 4 ...can anyone advise me. By the way, old Linea is valued at 2.7 L (which is on the low side) by the dealer.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I personally feel, upgrade from the old linea to the new one does not make sense. You are losing lots of money to basically get the same car.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    PradeepM and R Alavandar like this.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Get the projectors and remap done... spend some amount on good leather seats., you will start feeling fresh again in your car.....
    2 people like this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ford Fiesta facelift will be launched by June end and I would recommend you to test drive the car.

One of best car in the segment however very underrated.

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am likely to upgrade from MANZA QJD to 2014Linea MJD.
    So I want to know your view on comparison in between LINEA MJD & Manza QJD on driving dynamics, gearshift.

Also which amongst other cars TD by you & mentioned above have better acceleration from a speed of 40 to 80 kmph.
    Which issues were reported by people like you or the owners?

Practically, which car (Rapid diesel or Linea mjd has quick acceleration from 40 to 80 kmph. ?

In the brochure of 2014 Linea it is mentioned that the engine is 1.3 L ADVANCED MULTIJET Diesel. What does that mean?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is basically Fiats own JTD engine with multiple injection cycles. Its a CRDi engine just like in many other modern diesel cars. VW and Skoda used a bit primitive tech called "pump duse" in their cars. The MJD won the international engine of the year award in year 2005 in the 1-1.4ltr engine category. Infact it was/is so good that many manufacturers in India too adopted it including Tata and Maruti. GM sells the same engine in many of its cars, also some in US, except a smaller 3cyl. version in the Beat Diesel. It is regarded as India's national diesel engine for passenger cars due to the volumes sold. The engine was a result of joint research and development between Fiat and GM. The quadrajet in Manza uses the same engine, in a different tune (ECM). Fiat sells its car with the Magnet Marelli ECMs. Also Fiat acquired Chrysler and merged into new entity called Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Also, Fiat Group currently produces vehicles under twelve brands: Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Ram Trucks, and SRT.
    Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Chrysler_Automobiles

Quote worth mentioning from wiki CRDi --
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the info, but I wanted to know about difference between Advanced mjd of Linea 2014 & mjd of earlier Linea.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    No difference except tuning and tweaking AFAIK.
  9. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Well here is my experience of buying linea mjd emotion 2012 model. When I decided to migrate from vista quadrajet,my Max budget was 8-8.5 lac.As I was so comfortable with vista and its engine and more importantly TAFE people in Erode, Zest was in my mind and I never thought of looking for other options.
    This was in April 2014 but the inordinate delay of Zest launch forced me to look for other options and I wanted mjd only so was left to choose between Maruthi and Fiat.
    Some how I never had great liking for Maruti probably every second one was Maruthi and they way they deliberately leave out some basic options even in their top models was sheer arrogance of monopoly regime.
    So I steeped in to Marvel Fiat, first official FASS in Erode and was really blown away seeing linea.To be honest I was so naive that I was not aware of the fact the the build quality was at par with VW and Skoda.
    More to that I was offered a price of 9.8 for emotion along with parking sensor and Teflon qoute.
    With new linea the price was 11.42 ,way ahead of my reach. So closed my eyes and went for pre face lift version and now its 10k and to say that I am happy would be an under statement.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Didn't the Marvel people tried to convince you about the Advances in the 2014 Linea?