1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Old Linea v/s New 2014 Linea Mind v/s Heart comparing it

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinisini, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

This is just like choosing between a wife,girlfriend and an office secretary :)
    Which ever you like,go ahead :)
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

lol, wife is wrong entry there, there will not be any choice for wife ;-)
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Channa, be careful with such comments....
    People in our group have habit to take a snapshot of such posts for future references.
  4. vinisini

I am looking for the top end Emotion MJD. Color is still not decided , I liked the Magnesio Grey , White & Sunbeam Gold. However yet to check as how the Sunbeam gold looks in sun light.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Hello Vinisini ,I feel that the narration rose straight from your heart.Good to see that you were/are confused between old and new Linea (not the vento,rapid,... ;)).How about Tuscan Wine colour ? I am suggesting this purely because we own this colour :evilsmile and turns some hundred heads on the road (barring the dust maintenenace & the irritation of placing under sun -damn ,have to wait for the exterior and interior to cool down:uh).

- - - Merged Post - - -

Bala ,Who is this third entrant (office secretary) ? :rolleyes:
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    I have a 2012 Linea MJD Emotion Bossa Nova with 16 inch alloys. Its is a real beauty. I have read so much about the changes in the interior in new Linea, which I find very good. But the exterior of old Linea is really time-less and unique. The Boss Nova colour is also beautiful & classic. Probably the absence of metallic paint is the reason.

The rear of old Linea is faaar superior than the new. In fact, putting the number plate on the bumper does the trick. You will find it on the boot in most of other cars. The chrome has also spoiled the look of the rear in new Linea, IMHO. My daughter's comment is worth mentioning here. She said that usually what one gets to see the most is the rear of a car (to others on the road) and our Linea has the best (in the class).

I read at some place that the front of new Linea reminds of old Verna and I agree to that. The new Linea is also much high above the ground which may add some roll. In fact, on TFI, I read that one gentleman changed the suspension in his 2012 Linea to reduce the ground clearance.

Nevertheless, go for the new one IMHO, if money is not an issue and opt for white colour. It is the safest on the road.

Happy driving.
    2 people like this.
  7. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    New Linea defintely looks good, but I think it wont make the older one look dated

I too was hoping that new Linea would come with 1.6 MJD.
    Discounts on old Linea were tempting but then finally decided to wait for 1.6 MJD for some more time.
    If Fiat doesn't bring it soon, I'm thinking of considering Duster/Terrano...
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Buy the new 1.3MJD Linea and get a remap done.. it will be lot lot faster and fun to drive than Terrano and Duster.
    prabhjot, Tornado and Vighnesh81 like this.
  9. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

Hi..I am back to the forum after, say, 60000 km. Now my black stallion (1.3 mjd emo pack, Sep 2009) has clocked 85000 km and is still going strong. Looking for a replacement to it ..just for the heck it...So looked around and then I took the Rapid on test drive (1.6 Diesel). The engine is peppy but somehow I felt the cabin, at least driver seat is cramped. Rapid rear seat was ok, more leg room as my wife mentioned. But the ride was some what bumpy as compared to the Linea. Later we decided to continue with Linea but there are three options (or four) - 1. Keep driving the old car. 2. Go for Linea 2014 I like the interior but my wife still likes the old model for its grill. 3. Go for the old model ..then it looses out on the new look interiors. 4. Wait for an engine upgrade by Fiat to 1.6 L engine (till cows come home???). If I have the mind to splurge I will go for Audi. But in 10 L to 20 L range, I do not think anything can beat Fiat as a Driver's car. So, which one should I opt 1 to 4??? Also, what the Linea is lacking in my view is good head lights..for 100 plus speed at night. Any after market upgrade possible ... projector lights...(only scare is about warranty)
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

2009 car and warranty?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
    prabhjot likes this.