1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil pressure too low stop and turn off the engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Raghavan Kandala, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Raghavan Kandala

Raghavan Kandala Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I asked the SA about the compression test in the morning and the results show that 2 of the 4 blocks in the engine are showing low levels of compression. I asked him to send me a copy of the report, which he promised to send me today, but haven't got any so far.

@Sujit508, all the oil changes happened at FASS only. No other mechanic touched the car so far.

A surveyor will inspect the vehicle for the Extended Warranty claim (probably on Saturday). Tomorrow being a holiday, I will OK only have the next update either on Saturday or Monday.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is not done, your running is very less. Start escalating it to highest levels within fiat immediately, write a strong email to them.
    This should be covered in extended warranty, if they deny fiat should own it.
  3. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Raghavan Kandala

It is totally covered in Extended warranty . If they disagree then tell them to try and dig the record of a work done at OBEROI fiat NOIDA
    of a 90 hp PUNTO at a mileage of 1.2L km in feb 15
    Dont't want to divulge the details but that should be sufficient. Do not spend a single penny .why should you pay for their cost cutting. Be adamant on that.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

@Raghavan Kandala
    when exactly did you buy your punto in 2012? by how many days / months was your car over the manufacturers warranty period when you first took your car for the issue in Jan 2015? have you been servicing at the service centre regularly?

As for the extended warranty (http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/extended-warranty-on-fiat-car-details-coverd-parts.8078/) I think you might have to pay for labour (If you intend to go this route).

Generally oil consumption occurs under normal conditions when the engine is not run in well when the car is new. did you have a very very low running in 2012-2013??

Chaos.
  5. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Raghavan,
    Sorry to hear about your car and the hardships you are going through. I think my problem is very similar to yours except it happened at 62000 and after warranty.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/tur...ailure-for-linea-2010-aug-model-at-62k.13551/
    Write to higher ups, be adamant on the point that you are not going to pay a penny or else threaten them that u go legally.
    From what I had learned from my whole ordeal is as follows,
    If the surveyor approve your claim then things r easy, but if not they r going to offer u parts discount. The customer service guys will be in a hurry to close your complaint but don't allow it. By the way I hope u had already called the toll free. If a complaint is open for more than a week its trouble for them, I think.
    If they say turbo is also kaput, insist on a new one from fiat and not a refurbished one.
    If they change the half engine get the old engine number engraved from them itself.
    As u said your car is 2012 model, right?
    As far as I know the problem you are facing was common in pre2012 models! But the new timing chain after 2012 sorted out the issues later.
  6. nareshreddyp

nareshreddyp Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Raghavan,

I am also facing the same problem, Did you replaced the half engine ? Please update the closure of this issue

Naresh
  7. Raghavan Kandala

Raghavan Kandala Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Naresh,

Yes, My half engine was replaced. Is this the first time you are seeing this message in your MID ?

When I first reported this problem to the ASS, they drained out the oil to see the consumption level, topped it up and asked me to bring it back after 1000KM or 2000KM run. The replacement was done only after I reported it for the second time.

Hope this helps.

Raghavan.
  8. nareshreddyp

nareshreddyp Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks for the prompt response Raghavan.

I am observing engine oil consumption is high for the past 2months (2litres for 4000km). I didn't get any message in my MID, since i am topping up the engine oil promptly for every 200 kms.

How much did you spent for replacing the half engine?
    Did it solved the issue now ?
    In which service center you have done this in Bangalore?

Please post the invoice if you have the scanned one.

Thanks,
    Naresh
  9. Raghavan Kandala

Raghavan Kandala Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had the extended warranty on and that covered some part of the expense. I had to shell out 8k (of the 15k bill) and the major part was some gasket which costed close to 7k.

I don't know if the issue is completely gone since I have only run 500KM after this was done. Planning couple of long drives and probably will get the engine oil level checked after these long drives (towards end of December). But this has introduced a new problem - there is lot of vibration (in the seat, gear lever, clutch pedal, brake pedal) when I switch on the AC. I have mentioned this to the SA and he asked me to observe this for few days and I am yet to go back to them.

I got it serviced in Vecto Motors, Hosur Road as it is the closest to my house and have been servicing my car there ever since the TATA-FIAT breakup happened. I am not very convinced with their problem solving skills, but I don't know if the others are any better.

Are you sure there is no leakage ? 2L for 4K is too much. I think, in my case, it was < 1L for 5K KM run after oil replacement.

I don't have a scanned copy of the invoice, but like I said, the major part was the gasket in the money that I shelled out.

Raghavan.
  10. nareshreddyp

nareshreddyp Novizio

Bangalore
    Nice to hear that you have the extended warranty on your car. Mine is 2010 Linea Emotion Pack @ 138000 km without any warranty now. :arghh::(;)

Initially i have found that there is a leak at exhaust turbo hose and I have asked FASS to replaced that. After running for 500km, i have found there is another major leak at compressor turbo hose which caused Engine oil leak for more than 1litre. I have fixed that as well.

Since I have fixed the leaks, I am continuously monitoring the Engine oil levels every 200kms and came to conclusion that there is a reduction in Engine oil levels. I am yet to go for a long drive to find how much engine oil is getting reduced.

Thanks for the information.

Naresh