1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil pressure low signal

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Hitesh, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I remotely suspect it may be the Oil filter which may be designed to sync with the Oil pump in Swift.

(Havent seen Swift Oil Pump).
    So now this swift oil filter installed on ur punto may not be (punto oil pump) pulling enough oil from the swift oil filter at start first time and so the warning message.
    Remember the most damage is done to an engine when it is COLD with improper or insufficient Oil. The fiat engine is running on 5W for a reason. Swift runs on 15W.
    I would NEVER substitute for consumables especially critical CHEAP components like Oil Filter, Fuel, Air Filters and ofcourse Oil.
    Mobil is best but I always chose Selenia.
  2. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Shoul i change both oil & oil filter? Or only oilfilter would do?
  3. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    i feel change oil filter should do.

if you plan to reuse the oil (which I would have done) THEN ENSURE WITH CAUTION below
    wash the area around drain nut of all grime, let dry
    in a preferably closed area (less to now wind)
    use a VERY clean catch pan to collect the oil ensure there is no mud particle falling when the drain plug is removed
    collect the oil
    when refilling use a new tea strainer as a precaution to filter / clean and back in engine fill.
    NOTE:
    if you suspect that some mud or dirt has fallen in the catch pan during draining then dispose the oil
  4. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all, i had visited DRS Fiat Gurgaon yesterday. Must say Fiat really needs to work on their after sales support. The FASS are opened to just mint money nothing else.

Now coming to the issue of oil pressure. I had expalined the advisor and it seemed greek and latin to him. I had asked him for the car scan for which he said he will charge 850 rs which i felt was very high, he even said the charges for scanning Linea is 1250 rs.

Since all the experts here in the forums had suspected the oil filter to be the culprit i had just got the same replaced and slight top up of oil and waited till morning.

In the morning today the car started smooth with no error showcasing in the odo.

Thanks a lot guys for the support.
  5. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi, same msg popped up in odo in the evening today.