1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil pressure low signal

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Hitesh, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No not at all. Remapping has nothing to do with oil pressure lamp coming up
  2. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Hi Friends,

i also got the same message. but after changing timing belt. At the First time of this error i checked the oil level it was mid-way between criss/cross area.

After that i topped it with .5 litre. But...after few days. i saw same message.

Here few points;

1. see this during the first start of the day.
    2. Not regular, seen 2 times so far in one month period after change of timing belt + Oil Sump.

Please suggest if its just ECU error?
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    On first start of day it is normal for oil pressure warning lamp to remain on for 1-2 secs after starting.
    Does the MID also show error something like oil pressure is low stop the engine if yes there is a problem. Can be due to blocked engine oil filter, faulty oil pressure sensor, clogged strainer in the sump or the oil pump itself

Get it checked at a FASS and make a video if you can when the error appears to show to FASS.
    Anup likes this.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding more to Vijay, the ECU cannot be faulty, if it was then you will have not just One but multiple issues cropping up.
    Also adding more engine will not help, please check the dip stick on a flat surface(Preferably when the engine is warm).
  5. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Check Oil is normally done when COLD.

correct me if wrong and the reason if otherwise.
  6. Peri

Peri Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi, I got this warning message some days before and warned to turn off and on the engine. I did and after that not seeing it till now. But I saw this same warning long before at that time also did a re-start. Should I need to take care anything? any help appreciated .

I have Punto Multijet 1.3 Dynamic.

Thanks
    Peri
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    this error [Insufficient Engine oil pressure. Turn off/start]can pop up mainly due to 3 reasons.

1. if the car is parked on a incline surface.
    2. If the Oil filter is clogged/faulty-in this case replacing the oil filter will fix the issue.
    3. Faulty oil pump. - this could be the common reason. So get it checked at FASS.
    In my case i had to replace the oil pump. Error started creeping in at 3500km and i drove till 5000km without any issues. But i strongly recommend to replace the oil pump.
  8. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello,

I own a punto 90 hp and i have clocked 1.72 lacs kms as on today.

I got my car serviced last week. Have been servicing it at 10k interval.

I also went for Helix 5W40 for the first time and got the oild filter from maruti. Car had been running fine but from last 2 days in morning during cold start i am getting the same msg.

Is it bcoz of Helix or its just an sytem error.
  9. Miltz

Miltz Novizio

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Hi do shed light on the filter u purchased from Maritime. Is that the correct type?
  10. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had purchased a oil filter of swift. I was told its same. It looks aliked only.

IMG_0003.JPG