1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil pressure low signal

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Hitesh, Feb 13, 2011.

1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I am surprised that you haven't taken the car to the service center till now to fix the issue. Please take the car to service center and get it fixed before you continue to use the car.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Maxtor, since you are in Delhi, I would advise you to contact Mr. OP Sharma @9560060453 ASAP. He is the head of servicing at Kashyap FIAT & a legend.
  3. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Good suggestion, will do so when I visit the workshop

Don't be so surprised. I have written in OP that I shall be taking the car there when I am free. Meanwhile driving another of my cars.

Yes, I know him. By the way he is now AGM - After Sales for Kashyap Fiat.

Meanwhile car is lying in wait in my parking pending workshop visit which can happen only when I am free maybe later in the week. Workshops are quite far off and I usually keep a full day for Fiat workshop visits so that I can ensure justice to my car(and to them!).

Thanks for all the suggestions - will update later.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Culprit can be sensor/circuit but in a rare case oil pressure pump (which is in warranty/EW).I think cleaning the sensor would serve the purpose.

The oil pressure fault can also be the car needing a new oil filter and oil. As the filter is very old and is not working at its best performance.

Get it check asap.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Hi Maxtor,

I am curous to know what was the solution to the problem you posted. I have a 2009 Linea with 32,500 kms on the ODO. I have been regularly servicing the car as per the manufacturer recommended intervals in the Fiat Service Centers. In December of 2013 I went for an Engine Oil change with fully synthetic Oil- Shell Helix Ultra instead of Selenia. In the past couple of days I am noticing the problem where I get the message of 'Insufficient Oil Pressure. Turn Off Engine and Start' when I brake or when I take any sharp turn. The engine doesn't stall though. I am worried that it shouldn't be any serious problem.

Regards,

Raj Bajwa
  6. ashwyain

ashwyain Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi guyz,

need some input from you.

I am driving linea mjd (2009).

One day when i was driving the car and suddenly on a steep turn, got "low oil pressure" error. I stopped the car, checked the oil and found it at appropriate level (servicing was done before not more than 15/20 days). Started the car and went off. After that the car ran more than 1000 kms but that error did not appear again.

Couple of days back, again i was going to pune from mumbai, with 5 passengers, a/c on and at a speed of 140 to 160. Again on a steep curve, i got error "check engine". Stopped the car, started after couple of minutes went off. The car ran around 200 kms but again no error.

I am not sure why these errors poped up. Any suggestion, what i should check?

Thanks.

Ashwyain
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If you are getting oil pressure error that means that the oil pump is not delivering full pressure to keep the engine performing normally.
    Our engines are fitted with hydraulic lifters. On the head there is a oil pressure sensor. When the oil is in adequate pressure the lifters will enable working on intake and exhaust valves properly.

^^ the above might be the possibility when oil level is perfect and still you get an error. Get is checked ASAP as it can damage your engine.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If you are getting oil pressure error that means that the oil pump is not delivering full pressure to keep the engine performing normally.
    Our engines are fitted with hydraulic lifters. On the head there is a oil pressure sensor. When the oil is in adequate pressure the lifters will enable working on intake and exhaust valves properly.

^^ the above might be the possibility when oil level is perfect and still you get an error. Get is checked ASAP as it can damage your engine.
  10. ashwyain

ashwyain Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Thanks. I will be checking with my mechanic today.

- - - Merged Post - - -

just a thought.......is it anyway related to the remapping? I have done ecu remapping couple of months back. facing these issues after that only.