1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil pressure low signal

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Hitesh, Feb 13, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Oil pressure low signal

If oil pump could have faulty then engine would have overhitted / seized. ECU would have alarmed error.

This may be due to faulty Oil Pressor sensor.

In MJD some errors are bypassed by ECU. Means some errors can be disclosed when you connect ECU Scanner.
    Go at TATA ASS & scan the ECU.
  2. Hitesh

Hitesh

Nashik
    Yes dude u are absolutely right.this is just an error from the ecu.the warning light goes off immediately.showroom Guy told the same thing,he will scan the ecu n remove the error.the best thing off all the error hasn't come up in the past two days....thanks everyone..

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Tension nahi lene ka ! Main hoo na ? ::D
  4. Hitesh

Hitesh

Nashik
    Bhai ne bola....bas baat katham.. gadi kush ham bhi Kush...:p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Hitash ! Are you from Nashik ?

Then we can meet. I am coming at Nashik for my official work.

My office work is at Gadkari Chowk. Can you meet me ?
  6. Hitesh

Hitesh

Nashik

yes dude no prob...call me when u are here....my no is 9********2
  7. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

FYI. Not recommended to share your mobile number online in a public forum! PM instead!
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

hello guys,

when I did a cold start yesterday evening of my two month old GP Emotion MJD (2900 km on ODO), there was a beep and the multifunctional display threw this message.
    " Low Oil pressure, STOP & TURN OFF the engine".

Within no time I turned the engine off, without looking on the console whether the light denoting engine oil still stayed ON/OFF.
    I removed the dip stick and checked the oil level. The criss-cross pattern of the farther end of the dip stick was covered with black oil upto say 2/3rd, the viscosity of which was OK ( I compared it to my i20 Crdi).
    After few minutes I restarted the engine and this time there was no beep & warning. The Oil indicator light although stayed ON for 2-3 sec and then went away.
    I kind of panicked because, first of all lack of engine oil may cause the engine to sieze. Secondly,I didn't know (got anxious & confused) how to read the oil levels on dipstick, thinking oil is seriously low. Then I read Punto's owners handbook. It mentioned that oil level so long as is between min & max, not to worry.
    Today morning I went to Fiat A.S.S ( the new FASS), the service advisor quickly checked the oil levels and saw if the under bonnet guard had deformed or not thus causing any oil sump leak, but there were no wrong symptoms.
    He told me not to worry, as the oil levels were OK.

However, I would like to double check with you guys,
    1. Whether any one has faced such an issue?
    2. Oil level on the dip stick if is at the centre of the criss-cross pattern is okay/not? In last 2 days, I checked the oil level multiple times. The complete black portion on the criss-cross area of dipstick has never crossed 2/3rd level upwards.
    3. Is there anything I that should still look for?

I checked on TFI for a similar thread but found none. The beep & message occured only once yesterday, after that I have started the car many a times. Even the cold start today morning didn't throw any messages.

Kindly advise.
  9. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had faced similar issue and resolved in 15K KM servicing at Pandit auto Akurdi. Forgot to ask cause of problem :mad:
    Try out at Pandit Auto, Akurdi.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  10. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    Hi Platinumshine,
    The message appeared in my 6 month old punto a few weeks back. In fact we were on our way to the south india meet:dance. The msg flashed for a couple of seconds when I started the vehicle in the morning. I immediately switched it off and started again only to find everything was okay. We checked the engine, steering and brake oil levels and were all fine. I didnt want to get bothered in the middle of our journey and went ahead as the msg wasnt appearing anymore (I presumed that if the oil pressure is in fact low then the msg and the oil pressure icon on the MFD should stay put:geek: Also the oils were topped up just 3 weeks back during the first service). The msg then flashed once the next day afternoon. Again, when i switched the engine off and started it would be gone. Drove the vehicle for 2 more days and didnt get any msg.

I was going through some international fiat forums. The impression I get is either the oil should be low (which is not in both of our cases) or the oil pressure sensor is showing signs of trouble. Another reason people discuss is the stalling of engine. In fact, my engine stalled once the previous night on our journey on the bangalore-mysore highway. Thanks to one strategically placed speed-breaker, I had to brake hard from may be 90-100 kmph and the engine stalled and car came to a halt as i didnt even get the time to depress the clutch:uh.

I am connecting the dots now. But then, I will be taking her to the SC to get her checked soon.

Regards
    puntojith