1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil pressure low signal

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Hitesh, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hitesh

Hitesh

Nashik
    Guys I'm getting ( oil pressure low , turn off engine) signal in the morning first start up.then after restarting it dosent come up all day. This thing is haunting me from past two days. Has any other fiatian experienced this b4? Is it serious?....

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Oil pressure low signal

It usually comes when Engine is about to stall. Do not let RPM's go down very low.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

VP sir, but why is this happening all of a sudden? Any possible etiology? Is this normal?

@Hitesh- Whats the ODO reading BTW?
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

His car is less than 20 days old. less than 1000kms. The error comes on startup only! before engaging any gear or accelarating!

I think you should check the oil level, Nasik is a little cold in the night! this could be causing it!
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Hitesh,

After the 1st cold start of your MJD in the morning, do you idle her for 30 seconds to 1 minute or do you take her straight on the run?
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

I too would suggest checking the oil level before starting.
  7. Hitesh

Hitesh

Nashik
    Guys everything properly checked..oil level ok..engine warmup is done everyday for a min....then 30 seconds on ac.have to check with the showroom.will inform u guys abt there feedback.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Get it checked ASAP
    It can be faulty oil pump or some faulty sensor.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

the low oil press warning comes up for few seconds when the engine is cold and the oil has settled down to the sump. when you start the engine after few seconds this light must go.
    this wont happen once the car is on the move and say if u park your car for 3-4 hours and restart it.

is the light staying on for a long time?

and tomm morn before starting check the oil level on the dip stick provided.

remove the dipstick first... clean it with a clean cloth and insert again and remove it. oil level should be between the min and max marks perforated on the stick.

if oil is less its and issue.
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

possible problems:

1. electrical wiring between the engine control unit and the low engine oil pressure switch
    or
    2. minimum engine oil pressure switch.
    or
    3. ECU.

and these shall be applicable if they check the oil pressure at idle and 4000 rpm to be 1bar and 3.5 bar. Else oil pump could be faulty.

courtesy: Service manual of GP. it would be prudent to get it immediately checked up.