1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil Pressue Low Signal during first start in morning

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sk.kashyap.92, Oct 12, 2016.

1. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Vista
    Totally agree with you on this bro!

Fass are cheaters and looters and are spoiling the brand image of fiat. Already there is no resale and fuel effeceincy with low resale for fiat in india and the way they are running their service centers God Save them!

Last when i went for an oil change there was a customer with a very genuine concern that what if customer like him needs to get an specific job done. He was being forced to pay 2200 rs and he was totally annoyed. After long round of debate his question was pls give me a break up for 2200 rs for which none of the executive had any answers they only kept saying we have a code which we punch and we can't be giving break up to all customers and if he has an issue he can call customer care. It was wen he started asking the name for complaint he was told that per hour labor charges were 450 rs and he can pay that. Look at the level of cheapness!

Just 2 days before the the oil change i had visited for oil filter change and there was a annoyed customer who was charged for the tape used in the car.

I was asked 1200 rs for an oil change and when i had asked him to give no of regional manager a known executive came to me and told me to pay 350 plus taxes. Day light robbery.

They say they don't do counter sale but you log a complain at call center they give you spares. I don't undeserved why they force us to go to fass???

Good cars but fate of fiat seems to be not good in india as dealers don't make money due to poor sales and tries to juice out on the max from their service centers.

I have a offer of 2 lacs of my punto 90 hp from the fiat Kashyap in exchange but who the hell wants to buy this car especially after being balded on the service part.

I know this post has become long and i guess i am done with my part of frustration.

FYI - I buy spares from 99 rpm and get the work done from outside and go to fass only for engine related work.

I hope this feed back is shared with the customer care of fiat and concers.

To all no hard feelings !
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    gpunto75 likes this.
  2. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guess the issue was with oil. No mote errors. Issue seems to be resolved
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^ So it is better to stick with manufactured recommended oil and filters,as it will be tested keeping the mechanical conditions in mind.
    Anyhow selenia is not bad either.
    sk.kashyap.92 likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems like damage to the oil was already done by maruti filter.The filter might be the culprit.
  5. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I doubt ! At the time of getting the filter replaced i had clicked a pic for the maruti filter. Both Maruti and Fiat filter was same with same part no embossed. There might be a chance that the shopkeeper had sold a fake MGP filter. On the contrary i had got the oil checked with shell and after referring the pic they hd confirmed that oil was genuine "shell".

However after repalceing both the problem is resolved.

IMG_0043.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016 ---
    Fiat oem

IMG_0041.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016 ---
    Pics of shell oil which was purchased.

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    asimpleson and Ganges like this.
  6. Gurunath

Gurunath Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Where did you this service done? even I am looking for multi brand service center in bengalore
  7. Badri

Badri Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi kashyap, I would like to mention I have faced the same issue with my 2015 punto evo 90hp when It was brand new. One day after leaving the car idle for a week or so, the low oil pressure message popped up on the dash with a loud beep on the first crank. I was super shocked, before I could turn off the ignition the message went off. I turned off the igniton called up my technician and explained. He asked me to crank again and check. The pop was gone!! then he told me this is a common issue as I am cranking the engine after a long time, all the oil would have dripped down deep into the oil sump. during the first service the technicians said no error codes were found and all is well. Every time i used to crank the car after a long duration of not using it i used to get the error and immediately go off after couple of seconds. This kept happening on my car till I gave the car for its oil change at 9,000kms. They did find that the oil sump drain bolt had a mild leak and told me that its not lost a lot of oil and may not be the reason for low oil pressure warning. The oil and filters were replaced with selenia and OE filter. After this I have done 5,000kms now and have not had the problem ever since. I don't use my car frequently and it ends up only as a weekend long distance tourer. But, I have to say as an engineer I am terribly confused as to what could have caused the issue previously which is now gone. may be a sensor at the oil filter was loose, which was fixed during the 2nd service.
  8. Gurunath

Gurunath Timido

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No need to panic its simple if you read the user manual its clearly written , when message appears simply turnoff the engine and restart the engine
  9. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    From a local mechanic
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 29, 2016 ---
    Hi, I am back! With the same issue. I have started getting the same issue again on daily basis at first start in the morning. My observation is that this comments pop up only during the cold season. Also as a practice i turn ignition switch on - off (not starting the engine/cranking) for 8-10 times and i don't get this comment.

I doubt there is a issue with my sensor switch which i am planning to get checked. I also got my sump bolt replaced locally last time. I will check for leakege (if any)

If the priblem persisits than i am planning for getting the sump checked as i was told that there must be sludge which is causing the pressure of oil go down.

Pls share your valuable suggestions!
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    dude, its not the sensor/bolt/sump. Replace the oil pump. Its the culprit here.