1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil Pressue Low Signal during first start in morning

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sk.kashyap.92, Oct 12, 2016.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Are you sure the filter you used was genuine MGP and not counterfeit filter packed in MGP branded box.
    Try changing filter may be it was defective or fake and is blocking oil flow. No need to change oil unless oil is thick like honey I have even used 15w-40 oil and have not got any error message for low oil pressure even in winters with temp dropping to around 5 C.
    If after changing filter you still get low oil pressure warning I would advise you to get the oil pump changed you can opt for Fiat one for 5-6k approx or MGP one for 3.5k
  2. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Vijay. FASS don't do counter sale. Should i buy the oil filter from maruti or should i stick to Fiat only. Most of the parts are same with same part numbers. Pls suggest.

Whats your odo reading?

Also i had used 15 W once and i had got engine symbol on odo
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You should buy filter from official MGP store, both fiat and maruti filters are exactly same manufactured by UFI.

My odo is now 1.80 lacs km
    What was the error code stored in ECU when you got error, I have used 15w-40, 10w-40, 5w-40. 0w-40, 5w-30 grade oils without any errors.
  4. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There was engine light on.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 13, 2016 ---
    I think i should pick the filter from maruti as FASS will want me to chanege oil. What do you suggest?

Should i drain out the oil? And i need to ask them for Oil filter for swift diesel right?

Also which is the best oil as per you as you have tried all grades. Can u share ur experience about it.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    V. K. Pasupathy likes this.
  5. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @sk.kashyap.92 First read error codes before you change anything. If at all anything to be changed then it should be the oil filter. Check the car in the morning again (after clearing error codes). If problem persist, the go for oil change.
    sk.kashyap.92 likes this.
  6. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ok. I will do the same. Thanks
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @ sk.kashyap.92
    Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 is my fav but it is difficult to source and FASS also don't accept outside oils easily so Selenia is the oil which my car have used for more than 1 lac kms with no problems so it must be good and is definitely best VFM oil available in India.
  8. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all, i had visited DRS Fiat Gurgaon yesterday. Must say Fiat really needs to work on their after sales support. The FASS are opened to just mint money nothing else.

Now coming to the issue of oil pressure. I had expalined the advisor and it seemed greek and latin to him. I had asked him for the car scan for which he said he will charge 850 rs which i felt was very high, he even said the charges for scanning Linea is 1250 rs.

Since all the experts here in the forums had suspected the oil filter to be the culprit i had just got the same replaced and slight top up of oil and waited till morning.

In the morning today the car started smooth with no error showcasing in the odo.

Thanks a lot guys for the support.
    carl_jhonson and V. K. Pasupathy like this.
  9. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is criminal. You may like to buy your own Elm327 interface or a VAG Com cable and check error codes instead of paying the exorbitant charges. As a matter of fact MFC, Karur never charged a rupee from me for scanning DTCs.

Great the problem is gone at a little expense. Cheers!
  10. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @sk.kashyap.92

Just Get the oil filter changed first, Problem is with filter.
    I too had a similar experience, The filter was a cheaper one(Rs 140 for Quadrajet ) , As soon as i fitted a good oil filter (Rs 280) meant for multijet. The oil pressure light was gone.

Edit : I see your post , that oil filter was indeed at fault and its alright now :)