1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil Leak inside the AC coolant Compartment

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Ankit Gandhi, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

Hi All,

yesterday i took my car to one of the garage for servicing where he noticed that there is oil Lead inside the AC Coolant Compartment , He removed the A.C coolant Compartment and saw huge amount of oil inside it . He cleaned the whole thing and put fresh coolant and told me to check for a day and see if again Oil Leaks traces are seen or not . Today morning i checked it and i feel there is again Oil Traces inside the AC coolant compartment. Please advise what would could be the issue over here and what needs to be done now .
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Service guy should have checked the reason for oil mix. There could be some leak and needs fix for that.
    BTW how did you check AC Coolant compartment or you mean engine coolant? Do you have any picture?
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Can you please tell me whats AC coolant compartment?
    If you are mentioning the engine coolant COMPARTMENT then its not a good sign to see oil in it. This happens in 2 cases -

1. Head Gasket gone
    2. Oil cooler gone.

Get it checked at FASS immediately.
  4. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

Its not the engine coolant compartment but its the A.C coolant compartment and i feel with this issue i must have drove atleast 10-15kms . Car also has also never got over heated .
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 29, 2014 ---
    i dont think its the head gasket coz the car is not heating at all and i must have drove atleast 10 - 15k kms with this issue i believe !!!what could be the damage if oil cooler is the issue .
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @Ankit Gandhi, there is AC evaporator AFAIK. It could be the intercooler which has these symptoms..?
  6. Ankit Gandhi

Ankit Gandhi Amatore

its the engine coolant compartment ..