1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

oil leak from turbo hose of punto 75 hp

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varun pandit, Mar 2, 2014.

1. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    Dear friends,from some time i've noticed oil leak from one of the rubber hose in the engine bay,which seems to be turbo hose.oil
    leak comes in droplets,and is visible on the floor in the form of patches.is it some serious problem.fass people are least worried about this problem.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Is there any drop in the oil levels, anyways leakage is a concern. Could not understand when you say "fass people are least worried about the problem"

Insists them to check the leakage by lifting the car on ramp/post if necessary and if they deny write to service.india@fiat.com
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    One of the turbo hose clips might be lose. They remove the OEM clips and use one of the below hose clips for a tight seal.

Some (If i can actually say 'some' since there is lots of it, enough to drip) oil in the Intake hoses is expected and is prevalent on most MJD's i've seen at the SC so far, including mine.

slangklem.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  4. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    Naruf bro.i told the mechanic twice,and on insisting he lifted the car and said there is nothing to worry about.so i decided to put the issue on forum.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@vj v1.bro i can see the clip in my car is same as u have posted here.should i insist them to change the clip.thanks both of u for helping me out.
  5. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    some pictures of the hose leaks and oil spill 2014-03-02_16.05.57.jpg 20140302_155752.jpg 20140302_155803.jpg on the floor
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Varun,
    I would suggest you remove the hose completly and check for any leakages on the hose and also the hose connection where the 2 end of the pipe fits in .
    Please ask the Mechanic to apply sealent(Original Glass Sealent used by Fiat while installing Windscreen/Logo) ask them to use that, it is black in colour in a paste form, first clean the Hose pipe inside out(I would recommend you change to a new pipe) and apply the sealent at both the end of the pipe and the 2 connectors where the ends of the pipe fits into and use new clips as these clips once removed cannot be reused.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    Thanks anup i'll surely try this.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    First of all dont call this as oil leak from turbo hose. In the first place this amount of oil should not enter the turbo hose at all. Turbo hoses transport air and not oil.
    Reasons for oil in these hoses.

1. Blow by gases- certain amount of oil vapours condense in the hoses and so they become oily. If the oil seperator which sits behind the engine has gone bad the amount of blowby gases+ oil will be more and it will foul the turbo hoses.

2. Turbo oil seal leakages - the oil rings if gone bad throw lot of oil into the turbo hoses. This is a serious issue.

Get this checked ASAP
    5 people like this.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Varron

By seeing qty. of oil it is serious amount of oil.

I had checked Qty. of oil in turbo & inter cooler pipe of my former 75 HP DDiS.
    It was same as we take hair oil on hand.Very thin layer of oil after clocking 60000 KM.

I just checked qty.of oil in inter cooler pipe of my 90 HP at the time of replacing EGR valve.
    There was no oil. Thin layer of slightly sticky carbon after clocking 36000 KM.

As told Italia-linea, check the oil seal of turbo.
    Problem may be identified by keeping watch on oil level.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions.finally fass changed the turbo hose which developed some cracks,and they replaced the locking clips with o.e.m ones.a steering tie rod was found to be worn out,so they replaced it also. 20140305_150946.jpg 20140305_150941.jpg
    2 people like this.