1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oil consumption high

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by sankar, Jan 20, 2015.

1. sankar

sankar Timido

I had done my 90,000 km service from CAI fiat coimbatore. After that service I drive my fiat linea emotion 2009 model for next 4,000 km i.e, 94,000 km. With in 4,000 km my engine oil level and coolent oil level also becomes very low. I checked with the same service center they said there is a problem in oil compressor. Its cost is nearly Rs.1,50,000/-. I am shocked I really dont know whats the problem. Here before I done all the periodic checkups and service on time. Whats the problem in my car. Please any one suggest regarding this.
  2. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Did you check the oil and coolant level after service. Was it changed for sure? I am asking this because after my 45K service, i missed checking it as my BIL took the car after service and it was plain oversight from my side. Had to drive down to Mangalore next day and the drive was not good. checked the engine oil and coolant and both were very low. Took to one of our family mechanic there and he checked the oil and told that oil was not changed. Not sure how it was missed. changed the oil there and have clocked 5k kms and level is perfect till date.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oil compressor for the cost of Rs.1,50,000/- , Are you sure??
    linea7361 likes this.
  4. linea7361

linea7361 Timido

thane
    @sankar ..I have done my timing chain replacement at 73k km as a preventive coz today morning I was cruising around 120 km/hr..and suddenly my car Linea mid gave a mild jerk and check engine light came ...I immediately stopped the car checked all the fluids ...and my engine oil was very low...I left the car on highway and came with one lite oil... And filled it cranked the car again check light came ...again cranked the car...light went off... Now all is fine. .but my query is how can oil level fall so fast in just 9000k . I had changed my oil at 73 k km and now its 79k km ....and there is no leakage as far as I checked locally ....plz advice me is there any chance of oil compressor gone.. My car is Linea MJD Emo 2010.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2015 ---
    Can u plz share the price for oil compressor...