1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

oil consumption due to back compression

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by rajeev21698, May 6, 2013.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Do you mean excessive blow by gas ?
    If yes then you have to change piston rings,pistons & engine block
    as told Italia-linea.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Do you mean excessive blow by gas ?
    If yes then you have to change piston rings,pistons & engine block
    as told Italia-linea.
  2. AshithK

AshithK Novizio

Bangalore
    Ur Catalytic converter is to blame. Any excess pressure at high temperature at the exhaust causes to the compression to back fire and blow out some in all possible ways. A clogged or blocked catalytic converter will first target your turbo and other that comes its way.. Let us know what was the solution in ur case?
  3. mastdheeraj

mastdheeraj Timido

New Delhi
    I am facing a similar issue.

My 2009 petrol Linea with 90,000km on the odo had recently started to consume excessive engine oil. FASS advised to change the oil separator, which was done last Saturday i.e. 11/10/14, during replacement it was noticed that one hose was also bad, replaced that too. Total bill was Rs. 4,158.

Today I again checked the oil, the consumption has not reduced, there is considerable reduction in oil. Before oil separator replacement, the engine was compression tested and found to be ok, approximate values were more than 14 in all four cylinders.

So the issue is not the piston rings nor the oil separator and I am really worried now. Within two days of driving there is noticeable reduction in oil level, approx. 160km. It consumes more than a liter of oil in 1000kms!!

The car has been serviced at scheduled intervals religiously.

Please help!