1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

oil consumption due to back compression

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by rajeev21698, May 6, 2013.

1. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    i own a punto mjd 75 hp which is going under last year of extended warranty is lying with authorised service center due back compression problem.I have always got my car serviced at authorised center at specified intervals, as laid down in car maintenance manual,I am an admirer of fiat products in india and have recommended fiat products to other people now feels very much unsatisfied with its quality.
    plz give ur views
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

How many kms on odometer?
  3. Back compression could be due to choking effect some where in the exhaust,i am surprised at this get more details from FIAT flying doctor.
  4. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    around 55ooo km, last year also in the month of may got turbo changed under extended warranty.
    now cursing my self for buying this product
  5. Dear Rajeev,

Ask SA to give the issue in writing if he is sure about it, please don't go by what they say also there are millions of cars with same engine running world wide, i don't think you made any mistake in buying this car.I am surprised even after driving the car for 55k kms you are unhappy with single instance of some trouble.

How often you take car to highways? how many kms in City and highway, because soot in the exhaust will need sustained high way driving to clear off.Do you have loss of top end speed?

Did you escalate the issue to FIAT?
    4 people like this.
  6. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    u mean someone from fiat will come and inspect it, is it normal with every case or should i ask for it
    up till now i have been attened by local service advisor
  7. Yes, if the problem is not easily solved.
  8. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    yerterday i sent a mail to mr mangesh, as far my running is concerned it is mostly on highways
    few days before this problem my father was driving it on yamuna expressway he told me that car is not having pickup after that i got it inspected and then i was told about this problem
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Your car burns oil only or both oil + coolant. Have ASS checked PCV system functioning a blocked PCV valve causes oil burning.
    55k kms is too low reading for all this to happen. Do you revv your engine when it is cold ?

May be you got a bad piece insist on new engine but I doubt if Fiat would oblige to it.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Turbo charged vehicles do not have PCV valves. There is no vacuum generated in the intake so instead of PCV its a direct ventilation of crank gases to intake near the turbo via the oil catch can.

Back pressure? how did they establish this. They need to check the compression on each cylinder. If the compression is low they need to open up the head, check the gaskets, replace piston rings if worn out.

Mainly check the whole engine bay carefully for any oil leaks. Also the oil catch can lines.