1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Of course it's a Linea T-jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by donzil_pinto, Oct 31, 2010.

1. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    Guys,

Are you planning to use premium or regular pertrol.

I asked my service engineer at the dealer, he suggested I use regular pertrol.
    There are couple of points he mentoined.
    1. Fiat enigne in India is not desinged for the premium pertrol
    2. You will find it diffult to get premium pertrol in the interiors
    3. Due to the add-on chemicals on the preium pertol, it widens the holesin the fuel filter or something like that, which i dont exactly remember.
  2. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    I use normal petrol as there are government checks and standards for its quality whereas on premium govt has no checks or quality control mechanism. The companies are free to sell anything calling it premium. SO that makes me skeptic. NOrmal petrol in city and with some octane booster on highway funtrips is what i would be doing.
  4. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks Viny...i will sure check it out. I think with that i can expect my ICE upgrade to be within 25K for a 4.1 system. I am thinking of all 4 components, not sure whether that is the right way to go.
  5. Please use regular petrol. It is mentioned in the manual.
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Donzil, Anand.....what tyre pressure are you guys maintaining. There is a sticker on the door which says 36/33 whereas the manual says 36/33 with full load and 33/30 with medium load.
  7. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    I am still struggling to find the perfect balance with tyre pressure. With 36/33 the ride was hard and noisy. Brought it down to 33/30 and that is feeling better. Lower pressure is not good when the car is loaded up though.
  8. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    As it was said on the door, I filled with 36/33 for the first time and the ride was hard and bouncy.
    I will stick to 33/30 as the ride is much more smoother.
  9. Yes I agree! When I had luggage I used 36/33 and without load 33/30. It is mentioned in the manual.
  10. skullman

skullman

Pune
    Congrats Donzil! You lucky man!!! The arm rest is a boon on long highway hauls. How many kilometers have you clocked the baby to? I bet all the girls around consider/wish you are single with this rocket booster in your garage ::D