1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Of course it's a Linea T-jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by donzil_pinto, Oct 31, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I actually have a counter view to this. Ask any Fiat technical guy and he will tell you 1 minute idling after start is not required. Even the car manual advises not to do that.

My simple question : Why should we do something when the manufacturer clearly suggests NOT to do it ?
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Agree with Amogh. Manual as well as driving tips on Fiat website are against idling the car. However, it also advises you to take it easy till the engine temp builds up, and do not go pedal to metal on a cold engine.

On the flip side, I agree that idling before switch off for turbo fitted cars is a good way to allow the turbo to subside to the engine RPM. Surely manufacturer would have catered for average driver who does not give time for turbo to wind down, yet, it will be a good practice and likely healthier for the engine as well as turbo.

As far as running in is concerned, I belong to the old school. Keep the revs below a specified limit ( don't know the limit for TJet).
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    congrats buddy. can you please post max speed achieved in each gear (till 3rd gear)
  4. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Let the run in period get over please! ::D
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes !! And keeping on idle for 1 min won't bring your engine upto temp. Taking it easy till the temp builds up is the right way to go about it

In fact, till the engine builds temp I try to keep the engine rpm below the point of turbo kick (1750 in case of Punto)
  6. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Wow first TJet on the forum. Congrats bro !! Upload few more interior pictures taken in day time. Overall the quality seems to be improved at least in pics.
  7. FIAT clearly says in manual to drive as soon as you start .It only says not to strain engine too much before it reaches optimum operating temperature.About stopping i don't know if it's mentioned in manual but i heard from couple to experts that it's better to idle engine with turbo for some time since turbo rotates at very high speed compared to engine hence it's better to allow it to slow down and get well oiled.
  8. Donzil_Pinto, how much did the TJet scuff plates cost ?
    It is not listed in the accessory list of Fiat India Website.
  9. mukulh

mukulh Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Hey, A pretty much similar experience as mine only thing is couldn't have penned it so beatifully. I have purchased the same color and took the possession of the beauty on 30-10-10
  10. mukulh

mukulh Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Its mentioned in the manual that after a hard drive (for the engine) its better to idle for some time before shutting the engine.