1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Of course it's a Linea T-jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by donzil_pinto, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Congrats! T-Jet is now my dream FIAT! ::T
  2. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    So far so good

It’s a T-Jet Plus variant.

Accessories fitted
    1. Linea T-jet mats
    2. Linea T-jet Glowing Scuff Plates
    3. Sun films from Ecodrive. Eminent for Front and Elegant for the Sides
    4. Under body treatment and engine coating
    5. Linea mud flaps. The T-jet specific is not yet out. FIAT is still working out on the moulded mud flaps.
    6. Reverse parking sensors.

Had asked for the T-jet spoiler, but the accessories guy was not comfortable installing it as he was not very clear on how to fit it and hence I decided to push it back.

Engine - No words to describe the engine. What a Punch. A slight heavy foot on the accelerator and one is push backed. It’s a fun to drive and overtaking is such a breeze. I don’t feel like getting out of the car.

I have driven Ford Mustang, Nissan Altima, Camry, Altis, Civic and many more on rental. Except for Mustang, the T-Jet is right up there.
    Thanks FIAT for selling a D segment car at C+ segment price.

Clutch - The clutch is quite soft. It helps to make the ride more comfortable. There's a vast difference between my Palio and Linea T-jet in this area.

Gear ratios - No problems in driving the car at any gear. The 1st & 2nd gear issues are now history.

Breaking – The car just stands there when breaks are applied. I had to be extra careful from the fear from getting rear ended due to the sudden stop.

Sound proofing – Improved NVH levels.

Interiors - Give a very premium feel. Everything is fit very well, there are no panel gaps whatsoever. Even the ignition console is not an eyesore anymore although it has a marginal scope for improvement.

Leather Seats & Crome add to the luxury. The seats are fit very well. No issues in this area. Couldn’t have asked for more at this price.

Leather Steering Wheel - During the test drive I dint quite like the almost grey steering wheel. However after driving for a while I kind of like it. It gives a solid grip and a sporty feel.

USB - Was able to use my 8GB memory stick loaded to the brim. I don’t need to shuffle with my CD's anymore.

Blue & Me - Had no issues syncing my Blackerry.

Areas of Improvement
    Missing remote - The demo car had a remote and the sales rep. also mentioned to us about the remote, however we didn’t get the remote on delivery. FIAT said they withdrew the remote and it
    will be made available in the mid of 2011. It can also be purchased as an accessory and will work with the standard system.

Quality Checks - The paint near my right head light had chipped off prior to delivery. There are some white stains on my bumper which I tried to remove by water but they didn’t go. Loose fittings under the hood.

Speakers - The highs and mids are crisp and good enough. It’s the lows that are absent. It plays the slow rock numbers very well. It’s only during the fast number which have bass where the speakers give up. Also the speakers crack when played at a higher volume.

Radio Reception – Not all radio stations are clear. Looks like the sporty antennae is to blame here.

Gear Shift – Could have been smoother.

Horn – The horn pad is quite hard and requires effort. It’s also not leather wrapped. My Palio had a leather horn pad and soft as well.

Arm Rest - I like the arm rest but cannot use it as it makes it difficult to shift gears.
  3. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    More Pics

More Pics

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG
  4. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    Thanks Everyone

Thanks everyone for your compliments. Its indeed a great pleasure to be a owner of T-jet.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of Team Fiat community. I have been a regular follower at this form altough I dont actively particiapate in the discussions.
    Its the passion of all of us towards FIAT cars, that have given me the confidence to go for a FIAT one again.

The sales process also has been wonderful.
    FIAT now had a dedicated sales team. The team at fortune comprised of
    One hostess at the reception to walk you thru to the Sales Rep.
    A FIAT dedicated sales head. At Fortune powai, the sales head is an ex Honda guy.
    Two dedicated Sales Reps and One assistant.

Most of them were in the Smart Red jacket.
    The staff was extremly friendly and took great care in explaning the product in detail.

The keys were handed over to me by the TATA Motors Regional Sales head. I was the first T-Jet customer at Fortune powai.

I also got a Mitai box and ganesh idol as gift from the dealer.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME !!

Many Many Congratulations Donzil !! And Congratulations for being the first T-Jet owner on TFI

Well, we are no Fiat, but at least we will make sure that we send you a set of TFI stickers for free :)

Just PM me your mailing address

Enjoy the car man !! And hope to see you at a meet soon

Amogh
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: So far so good

The best feedback that Fiat can expect from a customer who has driven a range of cars ::T
  7. Re: So far so good

many many congratulations for an awesome car :) it certainly is a car worth more than its price. i own a linea MJD and till now ve never had any major issues with the car. whatever 1-2 minor issues were there were promptly looked upon by the concerned authorities. so overall a happy fiat customer. with you, 1 more added to this list
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hearty congratulations.She is a beauty.If it was me I would keep the Wine bottled safe and unopened for life as a memoir.
    You are a true Fiat fan just like all of us.
    Very interesting write up
  9. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    Thats exactly what I am gonna do. Keep the bottle with its case displayed in my bar.
    The car is a gift to me by my wife on our 6th wedding aniversary. She has contributed some of her savings for the purchase of this car.

Plus we have planned to keep the Palio for her.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That's nice to hear Donzil,the car should be a family member now,with Mrs also being part of the purchase.
    Happy motoring