1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Of course it's a Linea T-jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by donzil_pinto, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    We are all here for each other , to learn new things, to experience new avenues. No need to say thanks. Njoy the ride and do put some pictures as well.
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Hey i hope nothing is as bad to ask for a change. Also another reason i am tending to ignore smaller issues is because everything i noticed has already been pointed out in numerous reviews. I guess i have accepted things like rough gearshifts, uneven panel alignments etc as character of FIAT. Not to mention i happily accept those as cons with all the pros i have.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Beautifully said.....

If people had similar problems with maruti, they would say its an indian make and cheap....and accept it without any hullabaloo !!!
  4. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I am ignoring too whatever has been pointed out in numerous reviews (for eg the bonnet lever malfunctioned ). The issues I am facing have not been pointed out and am also concerned that those being mechanical issues with gear change and maybe suspension I should get them rectified before the problem gets magnified.
  5. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I went for checkup last sat.Got the issues rectified.
    1. The sound during gear change was due to loose gear cable. I still could hear the gear change sound from 1 to 2nd gear though the distinctive kluk sounds is not present.The service rep told it's normal.
    2. Front left wheel bouncing: Something (don't remember what he told) was loose again and got it rectified.
    3. Rattling sounds from behind odometer : it was because of the AC pipe tied directly to the body.They put in some foam in between and the sounds it no longer there.

There service rep mentioned that mine was the first tjet in their service center :). The car inside got dirty and they cleaned it to my satisfaction.
    Having owned a Hyundai for last 4 years and been to their service center(inside workshop) many times, I felt that service center was very crowded (lots of tata cars).However, the service rep immediately started working on my vehicle and I didn't have to wait though I had not taken previous appointment.
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

I felt the same thing when i went to the service center for anti-rust and paint protection.....to my surprise my car was put first in line for a wash and then immediately taken to get the work done. not to mention everyone at the service center was eying my jet.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    hey how much did the paint protection cost. Was it 3m.??
  8. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Ansal it was 3M paint protection for 3500 with 2 free coats at 6 month intervals.
  9. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah, there were 4-5 technician checking out the new engine compartment in my tjet as well :).
    btw, Why are you getting anti-rust treatment done? I thought that as the under body is covered completely, the anti-rust treatment is not required.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Amit, its not covered completely. I have a picture in my ownership thread showing the underbody area. Anti rust might be more important depending on the area u live in (like costal or plains) and also the kind of water level and rains u recieve.