1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Of course it's a Linea T-jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by donzil_pinto, Oct 31, 2010.

1. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Absolutely ansal.....it would be a pleasure. I hope it is soon.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Sure mate. The max i am waiting is till monday. If I dont get it, then im gonna cancel it and book it from another dealer.

P.S This is my 99th post, Ill only post my 100th post with some pictures of my Jet. I have made that promise to myself.
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

I wish you good luck man !!!!....dont make us wait for your posts (and you) too much !!! Eagerly waiting for your car to arrive.
  4. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Wish you all the luck in the world to get your machine.
  5. donzil_pinto

donzil_pinto

Mumbai
    Ansal, you have been waiting for so long. I suggest you wait for some more time. What the reason for delay. Im sure the car must be in the dealers stockyard.
    Anways dont answer on anything now. We would all want your 100th post to be with your Ride.
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    @Ansal....waiting !!!!! I hope things are moving in the right direction for you. Dont bother to reply yet i.e. if you still do not have your beauty.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Thanks for all your support and good wishes guys. Ive got the beauty in my hand now. Do read the details of it in my Ownership Review Thread. All ur curious questions will be answered.
  8. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore

Thanks Rajen,Ansal,donzil_pinto & adutt.
    I will come out with my selection process and ownership report in sometime.
    Already driven 700+ kms. Last weekend went uptil Tumkur though I had decided to touch NICE road-tumkur road junction and come back :)
    A office friend of mine who is driving his 2009 Linea petrol daily to office test drove my tjet and had the following observations (apart from those already known)
    1. The steering & clutch is lighter.
    2. The driver armrest has been made short & narrower maybe for to ease access to handbrake.
    3. The handbrake pulls up a lot more than his linea.
    4. The indicator & wiper stalks feel cheaper. The one in tjet make a 'tuk' sound & hard to put in position whereas in older it used to glide into position smoothly.
    5. The cigratte lighter is not there.
    6. The center console (music system/AC etc) is more greyish.

Though he drove a short distance in trafficated area he definitely liked the power of tjet and the braking.

I have facing few issues since the evening of the delivery
    1. When shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, a sound 'kluk' is audible from below the gear.Happens 50% of the time.
    2. 'krrrr' kind of sounds from behind the odometer when accelerating in 3/4 gear.
    3. I feel that front left wheel is bouncing more that the right one when going poorly done speed breaker or big potholes. It also get a jerk from that side when it happens.

I have spoken to sales rep and I am going to service center tomorrow to get it all checked up.
    I recieved the gift package 2 days after taking delivery :).The casing is done in grey leather.
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Hey t-jet gang, what gifts are you all getting with the t-jet?? I just got that wine bottle delivered a few days back.

@amit - i think you should hang on to these issues for now, i personally do not like any ASC tech to manipulate any factory adjustments on anything. I say this because i too noticed some of the issues you stated. but i am keeping a note and planning to run the car the way it is till first service and notice all behaviour. Though i hope the car would evolve after use. Gearshift has become better than before in about 1000km that i have run.
  10. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    @adutt, I also got a wine bottle delivered in a nice casing similar to pics donzil_pinto has posted.Only difference is that the case is done up in grey leather.
    I also wont like them to do any major repair etc. I am going there to get the car checked up and will take a call once they inform me what's wrong.I am just hoping that it's some minor adjustment etc. Moreover, If at all any thing has to be changed it will be changed by the dealer free of cost as I have reported these issue the next day of delivery itself.
    Later on, the dealer might try to wash it's hands off saying that the problem has developed due to usage.