1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Oem tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by prihir, Oct 2, 2011.

1. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    How many life (km.) of OEM tyres ? I have MJ PUNTO EP.

hiren
  2. Hi Hiren!!!

It all depends on your driving style. I have clocked 31000 kms in my MJD and still have atleast 7K kms of tyre life left. Some dont even get 20000 kms due to scrambling,excessive braking etc which wears the tyre very fast.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Tyre life depends on the driving style,road conditions,braking etc etc.If ur a sedate driver then the tyres should last 30-40k kms without any problems.Get tyre rotation done on the prescribed time.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am a sedate lazy and not-ready-to-overtake driver in city and a faster always-overtaking driver on the highways, my stock B250 lasted for 47000 km.
    Tyre care :
    - Tyre rotation (Front<->Back) every 10000 km
    - Alignment every 5000 km

SC never rotated my tyres.
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Thanks to all.

I have clocked 24500 km. I think more 5-6 k run easy. Because most of my car driven by driver and he is very possessive about his job. Also most of run on rough road.

Hiren
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I changed the tyres today after clocking 46k. Still had 4-5k life remaining but the change was mandated due to a damaged rear tyre last night. The spare was also a patched up one since long and not used at all post the damage. I think the Goodyears last pretty long if due care is taken. But boy they are loud when the speedo climbs to triple digits and beyond.
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Which you changed ? size ? company ?

BR.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry I changed to Michelin Primacy LC in stock size 195/60/15. Stock were Goodyear GT3's.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    been to karol bagh today and asked a tyre fellow about pirelli tires.pirelli 195/60/15 costs somewhere to 4700/-??????are they that cheap????is it advice able to go for pirelli rubber in Indian conditions??
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not as popular as the yoko's/michelins but good enough