1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OEM Speaker Sound Output Issue

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by RAAM, Feb 14, 2012.

1. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Hello Friends,

While trying to switch off the 'AF' in my OEM HU (which was intermittently searcing for Fm frequencies as reported in the other thread) I found out another issue with the OEM Speakers.

There is ablosutely no sound coming from Left Front Speaker and very minimal sound (Volume level 1 or 2 though the volume is at 10 or 12) is coming from the rear left speaker. I tested this by moving the audio balance completely to the left side. This was not noticeable while the balance was centered.

Has any one faced this issue? What could be the reason and is there some thing I can do to rectify this before to SC?
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    raam,
    Today i changed left front speaker under waranty.the speaker sound was crackling.
    May be in ur case wiring problem. Check with SC.
  3. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Ganges,

I did go to the service center (Fortune Nerul - unfortunately no choice and next option is about 25 kms farther) last friday. They were not ready to even inspect when I called them to fix an appointment and guided me to their works manager Mr. Vasanth. Initially he even was reluctant to check on Friday and was asking me to come on Tuesday next week (that is yesterday). I requested him that the SC is on my way home and I am already on my way and if there are resources available can he check. He agreed after much convincing.

Highlight is that when I tried to show them the issue, suddenly the speakers on the left side started working!!. Then I tried the same again with CD, the issue resurfaced and the guys who were checking agreed that there is a problem with the speaker. Going no further on the investigation of the problem, they announced that the speakers need to be replaced.:eek:

I asked them to check their inventory in that case and they came back and said that they need to place order. I was asked to contact the works manager this Friday to check whether the spearkers have arrived.

Though I would be getting (hopefully) a new set of speakers (however crappy they are), is it correct on their part to just replace the speakers without identifying the root cause. In case if the audio system is not under warranty, is this not looting the customer instead of fixing the real issue?

I am waiting for Friday with fingers crossed, will update later.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    RAAM Ji, in my opinion the stock speakers are crap. No need to put this many effort to get it replaced under warranty. Just change it to some nice components and enjoy the music. If there is any issue with the HU, claim for the warranty.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You should have given him a punch with words,those people wont do anything seriously...
    When you are changing from CD-Radio-Media player the speaker ouput sound is getting affected,how can he come to conclusion about speakers are faulty ? as you are done with the check ,then wait till friday and just check it with new speakers...

HU also comes under warranty and i heard this from warranty guy in TATA pandit Sangli and when i been to replace the speakers he told me that recently they have changed the full audio system(Blaupunkt) for Linea under warranty,it had a problem!..
  6. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Hi ramjn & Ganges,

Thanks for your reply. In fact I am already planning to change all the speakers and if budget permits, the HU as well. Just holding on to know what happens on Friday.

Actually I wanted to check whether I can get a OEM HU manufactured prior to August 2010 from any member so that I can install the Aux Cable which would suffice my requirement and I only need to change the speakers. I had had posted a request for this as well in other thread.

As I did not get any response, I am forced to see the possibility of changing the HU as well, though It will spoil the looks of the console. Guess there is no option.

I did give the SA 'a punch with words', but he justifies his position by saying that the OEM Speakers of Fiat are of bad quality and the only solution is to change (with the same crap).

I am aware that the HU as well as the speakers are under warranty. My intention was if a customer goes for a check, with or without warranty, is it not the duty of the SC to analyse the problem correctly and suggest a suitable and covenient solution.

My HU also has a problem as the MP3 tracks keep skipping, I will take that as well with SC when I go next. Lets see. Will update on this.
  7. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    hey RAAM,
    I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM BUT ALMOST WITH ALL SPEAKERS.THE SPEAKERS ARE WORKING ON THEIR OWN MOOD. THEY SWITCHED ON/OFF, RIGHT/LEFT, FRONT/REAR. I JUST HOPE THEY SHOULD WORK PROPERLY WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD/BAD QUALITY.
  8. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    How much is the warranty for HU? I am having issues with my volume control. It goes to zero when i want to increase the volume.