1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OEM Head Unit not turning off with Ignition

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by shashanknathani, Sep 8, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
  2. shashanknathani

Pune
    Found something strange today... The connector wire in Active version does not have. CAN A, CAN B, ignition wires.
    FIAT is indeed different, they make sure that if anyone with Active version gets hold of OEM HU, he cannot get it fixed successfully.
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    Found something strange today... The connector wire in Active version does not have. CAN A, CAN B, ignition wires.
    FIAT is indeed different, they make sure that if anyone with Active version gets hold of OEM HU, he cannot get it fixed successfully.
    1 person likes this.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    JAI ho FIAT BABA KI....... DON'T PLAY WITH "FIAT" MIND IT....
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    An update on this: I went to a car HU's expert, the guy actually works on almost all HU and he tried his hand on it.

Now the connecter in Active does have Ignition wire but the CAN bus interface wires are missing. And the HU is designed to operate only on CAN BUS interface.

He suggested that only option is to open the HU and re design the wiring cluster. Now i am actually searching for an OEM HU to try this on. will update if this works.

By the way i have mastered the 20 min duration in my mind and my hands move toward HU every 20 mins to restart it :(