1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OEM Head Unit not turning off with Ignition

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by shashanknathani, Sep 8, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Hi Frnds,

I have Punto Active model and recently changed my old JVC headunit with OEM Head Unit (Delphi).

It was a direct fit to the connector. Now i am facing an issue,

My head unit is not switching off with the ignition. Although my previous JVC HU used to turn off with ignition off and it was also connected with the same socket (ISO Connector).

The Radio OFF setting is set like "RADIO OFF : 00"

Please help me how to resolve this issue, how can i make my OEM HU switch off with the ignition.

Also guys i am looking to get the dash center console painted to silver to match the HU. Please suggest the best way and any good place in delhi where i can get it done.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You got facebook account. Or I can email you the pics. I am unable to load photos at TFI at this moment.

I have part numbers of all the parts though painting your existing fascia to silver would be cheaper.

BTW, I think the installer did not check the wiring properly. Just take it to TASS and tell them that HU is not switching off with ignition. Guy has missed to connect a particular wire.
    TFI member Dr Manraj faced the same issue when he had got Amp+Sub installed in his Linea Emotion.
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    @Yashik aka Paddleshifter: buddy I installed it on my own. I saw two connectors connected to my old head unit. Connected the same two connectors to the OEM HU. One was for FM reception that was connected on the left side and other was connected on the right side, the one that has two sections, section A for intelligence and section B for speakers.
    There is one socket still vacant and I guess it is the one that has AUX family pins.

U can mail me at nathani.shashank@gmail.com
    I have the pics of installation also with me, will reply back to ur mail with the pics.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Looks more like power supply cable issue, there are 2 cables yellow and red, one is 12v constant supply other is 12v on ignition, i guess you got 12v constant supply running there.

Just a guess, cannot say much without pics.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The OEM Head Unit operates on Canbus interface. If car CANBUS system isn't telling HU to shutdown it won't shutdown.
    Not sure but maybe Proxy Alignment can solve this.
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    While driving my car to office today i noticed something strange.

My Hu is switching off after every 20 minutes irrespective of the RADIO OFF setting.

I checked with both the cases
    RADIO OFF : 00 MIN
    RADIO OFF : 20 MIN

In both the cases the HU switches offf every 20 mins.

@Vijay Khasa: You are right the HU works with CANBUS interface which gets the information from the ECU. What do you mean by Proxy Alignment, does it has anything to do with ECU upgrade or something?

Note: Any Punto Active owner who has installed OEM HU in his car, please respond what is the behavior in your car?
  7. shashanknathani

Pune
    Pics

I have connected the connector shown to A and B. It was a direct fit

IMG00014-20110908-1958.jpg

setup.JPG

connection.JPG
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just do "RESET" once, all should be fine.
  9. shashanknathani

Pune
    You mean "Restore default"

I even tried that yesterday. enabled it to Yes and the HU got restored and still the situation is same :(
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes I meant same.
    I had same issue sometime back, HU was not switching-off with ignition, I did Restore Default and it worked.