1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

OEM ABS for Punto 1.3 MJD Active/Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by PranavOne, Nov 26, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It has to be fitted from the factory. I wouldn't trust the dealer with such an install.

That apart, I don't think FIAT offers such an option, do they?

Also, Punto is no Swift. It'll be perfectly capable in the braking department even without ABS. Good driving practices can ensure ABS never kicks in, ever. Ofcourse, god forbid some exigencies. Just give it some better tires. The OEM JK Tornadoes are really cheapo tires.

Go for the Active. It's my favourite in the whole model range. Either the Active or the Mighty 90.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.
  2. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Thanks to every one,
    Budjet is my concern, that is why I am not favour to Emotion. But I like the feature of ABS, so that I am having a plan to got a Active/Dynamic initially later jwelled her with ABS. People you said factory fitted ABS is better.... mmmm.... now thinking about extend my budjet.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Don't even think about retrofitting ABS! It's not an accessory that can be fitted aftermarket.
    If you want ABS, Emotion is the only option - but the brakes of the active aren't that bad either.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Theoretically yes, but practically this could mean replacing some expensive components and in the end you would end up spending more than what you would have if you had gone for the higher variant. Whereas if it is designed to retrofit, you can just add on the new feature without any modification to existing vehicle and you just need to spend for the new components.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its not just the mechanicals, but electronics also need to be implanted. not a viable solution.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    ABS cannot be fitted in Active or Dynamic Model. I have confirmed this from Concorde Motors.But I think Active brakes are very much efficient and I never felt the need of ABS.As Gurjinder said Its either Active or 90HP. Close your eyes and zero in on Active variant,Its brakes are more than enough.Or else opt for Emotion variant!
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am kind of a rash driver wether the ride is in the city or on the highway. Never ever felt that I should have gone for an ABS. The braking is top notch. One of the features I like the most apart from ride and handling. The braking doesn't just boost my cofidence but my wife's too, who is almost along with me everytime I take my car out. She isn't scared of approaching a traffic signal too fast, unlike when we were doing the same in our Alto. Punto stops where you intend it to.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    With kind of FIAT ASS and level of technical expertise seen in the mechanics in most of the service center, I would not risk for such a major upgrade.